1992 gto, help appreciated

Wheres he based buddy ?

Hey guys, been unwell yesterday so didnā€™t try anything, so decided today to check MFI but I canā€™t work out whatā€™s holding carpet panel on, Iā€™ve undone the screw in the middle of the panel whatā€™s the rest of the procedure to removing this? Thanks.

Never mind Iā€™ve removed the carpet panel, and gained access to MFI, just wondering how to go about testing it?

If it clicks then it works buddy, careful not to short it though or you will pop a fuse

Aye thatā€™s working, attempt
To take out feul pump tomorrow by undoing the line behind the wheel instead, is there any visual signs of a pump being dead or 12v battery only way to tell

Somersham Cambridgeshire

Not really will need to power it to see, dont even need to remove the pump to check it just use the wires off the pump

float wasnā€™t working either so I suspected Iā€™d need for replace the pump ill put photos of it up it didnā€™t look in a good shape the photos are after a quick clean, how do I go about testing this with a battery mate?

That does look a bit nasty lol

i have a spare if you need one, its used but it works, as you have the pump out just put a positive and negative wire to the electrical poles on it

How much would u want for your spare one? Itā€™s only to get car running ATM I plan on fully replacing it among many other things just to be save like belts ect l but my times running out to get it moved lol, I donā€™t think your too far from me

There are ways to run diagnostics to check for certain issues. The best thing to do is sign up for full membership, honestly best money you will spend.
Then you will have access to more info. Where are you based? Might be a member near by that could help out?

1 Like

South Wales Iā€™m based mate, full member ship is 100% on the cards I got some money coming in-in a couple of weeks and itā€™s first thing Iā€™ll be doing

1 Like

If im totally honest looking at the pump i would get your tank cleaned out asap, when i pulled my pump it was clean as a whistle, probably could do it Ā£25 posted

She has life! Great appreciation to all who replied turns out it was the feul pump, the one I got from nick/tarmac was bit big but with some determination she runs smoothly for the time being and am able to move her to next holding spot till April, thanks all !!!

5 Likes

Glad i could help bud, lets see those pics šŸ–’

1 Like

Quick question would any know know if the spark plugs between the TT and the non turbo are interchangeable ? Any time I enter my registration on part websites our in stores it comes up As the same car just TT And itā€™s non turbo so Iā€™m kinda confused as to why itā€™s doing that, anyway I need new plugs do the TT fit ? I doubt it just thaufht it was a long shot

On top of my head is bkr 6es(or eis)ngk for tt
Jerry :grinning:

Not quite right Jerry, But nearly
The non turbos only seem to run correctly on Platinums and miss fire on Iridiums for some reason

http://www.evilempireperformance.co.uk/gto-3000gt-shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=22_48&products_id=190

1 Like

Bad news timing jumped on the car need new engine, anyone know where I can get one for a 92 jdm auto gto ? Iā€™m completely gutted but the car means too much for me to let it go so gna spend the money and replace the engine anyone with any information is greatly appreciated thanks, James

Ahh thatā€™s crap news , much damage or have you seen that the timings out ? Has it been checked out yet , I know of a couple of extremely lucky people on here who have had timing slip and somehow gotten away with it

Craig :grinning: