:( ... Aaah - I have to sell my GTO - BREAKING FOR PARTS

Hi All,
I would like to point out to you guys that I have a mint set of Recaro’s (I believe from an Evo) - I had a set of custom frames made to fit them to the GTO by Corbeau in the states and they were very expensive (£400 for the frames).

They are extremely light and a perfect replacement for the stock seats that are very heavy and tend to be a bit threadbare.
Obviously the seats will sell - but if your looking to fit nice seats to your GTO - you will not get a better chance, so rather than waste the custom frames please think about buying them from me before someone on ebay does and the frames go to waste. I suppose there is a possibility the frames could be adapted to another seat so they could be worth buying separately.

Hi Tristan
Do you have the sideskirt still and any other parts?
Cheers Jerry

Hi Jerry,

I still have loads of parts including the side skirts, the nearside has a small crack 4 inches long if your seriously interested I can get a picture. It will need a plastic weld.
I’m looking for £30 with the crack and £50 for the off side skirt. plus delivery.

Cheers - T

Reminder -

I really don’t want to let this shell get crushed and so once it is completely stripped in a few days time it will be available for about a couple of weeks before I send it to the crusher. It is going Free-of-charge to anyone that either has the space to store it or want to use it for a project etc. You will just need to sort delivery.

It really is in great shape. It is the moon-roof version.

Cheers all

Hi Tristan is this plain blue or blue/ purple? Sorry don’t know paint code
Jensen
Also do you have the cluster of relays behind the fuse box drivers footwear?

Hi Jenson,

It’s the blue/purple - relay box is gone with most of the other electrics. Sorry.

Hi All,

For those of you who are looking to buy larger items from me, I will be either buying a van in the next couple of weeks OR I can hire one and do a round robin trip for a day doing deliveries, This will greatly reduce the cost of delivery for everyone and also ensure the parts are delivered carefully.

To do this I will need a minimum total delivery amounting to £200 including van hire and fuel for a round trip covering the areas below;

• Taunton > M5 North as far as stoke-on-trent.
  • Stoke-onTrent > A52 > Derby,
  • Derby > M6 > Covernty,
  • Coventry > M1 > Northampton,
  • Northampton > M1 > Birmingham,
  • Birmingham > M42 > M5,
  • M5 > Taunton

Something like that depending on where every one is. Organising this comes down to having at least 4 drops in those areas to make for a reasonable delivery charge to each person - the more the merrier upto 8 drops.

Post messages back privately.

Cheers - Tristan

3 Likes

I Have packed up the headlights, indicators, Mirrors and Door Cards (pads) all in good condition so please let me know if there are any takers.

Cheers - T

I can’t believe no one want the gearbox, shafts and transfer box! - come on guys, get this off my hands lets see some reasonable offers for it.

Is there a ballpark figure you had in mind as I don’t want embarrass myself by just shouting out a random price.

LOL - !

Well - I’m not sure to be fair; The shafts are not worth very much as they don’t tend to break and can be relatively easily manufactured after market - I’d say they are worth upto £100 in total.
Then there is the Transfer box - that’s a different matter, but again you can get them after market but they are always in the region of about £200 used.

The Gearbox is the big one - I recon it’s worth at least £1000 -

I would like to get £1100 for the lot delivered - as I’m putting a van on over the next couple of weeks for delivering this stuff.

I also have the block - again in fine condition _ needing a gasket set.
I would let this go for £200 delivered - so you could do a nice re-build with this block and a quick swap with your own.

I’d have bitten you hands of for this kind of deal in better times!

:wink:

Thanks for that. I wish you all the best selling your items mate.

As I thought, my offer would have been embarrassing. Lol

1 Like

Give me a call tomorrow about he block Tristian

Hi Guys - This is very important because I may only be able to do one run like this.

HERE is a map of my route and you need to put your drop points on here, I.e. add your general location so I can start to get an idea of the delivery run I need to do. I will be delivering at cost so the closer we can get this map the closer the price will be. I expect at least 6 drops which already means that each delivery charge will be about £30 so the more drops I can do the better for everyone.

I need all your parts orders and drop points asap then I will be looking for the payments from everyone during the week.

Kind Regards - Tristan

Hi Tristan,
can you add me mate. Bedford.
Dont seem to be able to place a marker.
Will pm you details
Jensen

All done - thanks Jenson

Sorry to read this mate
Have you still got the gearbox?

Hi All - Sorry about the slow communication but the thread was locked for a while because of a dispute.

I have arranged a hire van for Saturday 30th (due to collect it tomorrow). I will be doing a route from Taunton to the South East, Then Southend, Colchester for around lunchtime, Coventry area for late afternoon, Birmingham and west Midlands for early evening and then heading back home.

Can everyone who is expecting a delivery please PM me with a fresh message so that I don’t miss anyone. Please include your mobile number and post code which I will cross-reference with my spreadsheet so I can keep you updated on Saturday with progress.

Kind Regards - Tristan

1 Like