:( ... Aaah - I have to sell my GTO - BREAKING FOR PARTS

Thanks to everyone who engaged with the round-robin trip it was a great success and ensurede that most of the bulkier parts where delivered at a fraction of the commercial delivery costs.
Members took the following items;
Front and Rear Bumpers,
Bonnet
Engine Block
NSF Wing
Wheels
Transfer Box
Mirrors
And a bunch of other smaller items.

Overall the delivery costs where as follows;
Van Hire : £99 From Enterprise.
Refundable Deposit on Van £200.
Fuel : £80

Members paid a total of £160 in delivery fee’s divided equally. I drove approximately 750 miles in around 20 hours!, Then I went to bed :smile:

Remaining bulky parts are Doors, Windows, Rear Wing (Aero), Gearbox, Side Skirts and various pumps, motors, turbo’s etc. I also have the Door cards in grey which are still in good condition with some every minor marks
The dashboard and electronics are all gone now, along with the seats and the rest of the interior.

Kind Regards - Tristan

3 Likes

Hi ,I also live in Taunton and have two cars.Do you have the strip that goes at the bottom of the rear tailgate window?I might look at other trim if you have any?

Chris.

Hi Chris,

PM me and arrange to come and have a look at what I have. I don’t have the part you mention sadly. I do have the strip on the front top window which is pretty much brand new from Mitsubishi. You may want to grab that before someone else does.

Just let me know when it’s possible to meet preferably before Sunday as I am out of country for two weeks after that.

do you have any unsplit window weather strips

Hi Chris,

I can do today - preferably this afternoon / evening anytime after 1200 I will be working on the car.
Other than that it will be weekend after next.

Hi Scott,

I’m sorry but the weather strips have sold. Rob can get you some as I had a pair of him before.

1 Like

no worries mate thought id ask

I get back to Taunton after work about 6.00 pm tonight, send me your mobile or address and we can meet, my mobile is 07738 412673,I live off college way off galmington rd ,Wellington side but work in Crewkerne.

Sorry I work till 5.30 each night and will be out of country from 9th to 22nd may.if you can fit in before then ?

I’m in Monkton Heathfield - You can always check my schedule at www.tristantonks.co.uk/schedule.html select week view for best insight.

Only other time I would be available is Sat and Sun coming after 1730 - When I finish work. Happy to do either. The shell is about to get dumped so I doubt it will be there when you get back. I will continue to remove parts but I don’t have much time. (We are such slaves!! )

Cheers - T

Hi,

I am finished at 1630 tomorrow so if you want to come round then please do - Cheers - Tristan

Hi Guys,

I now have the shell completely stripped and I’m going to start cleaning all the parts I have and reworking many of them over the next few months. I will post them up as I finish each part but if you have special requests please let me know.
I still have turbo’s, gearbox, manifolds, doors, passenger door glass, alternator, air-con pump, internal blower, rear aero and loads of other parts.

Cheers - T

Hi T
did the engine go?

Hi Jeff,
Most of the block is gone but I have loads of parts left what do you need?

Any chance you’d be willing to remove the inlet valves and post them?

Hello,

Sadly the inlet valves went with the head and the block as a complete unit.
also the cams, etc,

Tristan

Hi Tristan,

Do you still have the rear wiper blade arm? I particularly need the metal part with the hook that holds the wiper.

Many thanks,

James

Hello,

I don’t think so but will the front ones fit? are they not the same?

Hi

I looked at that and they look different to me.

Cheers,

James