AGM 2017 DETAILS - "Have Your Say"

Reading through the 2015 Agm mins and Discusions within the committee section we agreed to add these rules Which have not been done for some reason

3000gtClub President,Treasurer, Founding Member

Apr '15

I will add these if everyone is happy

Membership of the committee, is limited to Club Members that have been signed up for one complete year of membership, The complete year is defined as from 1 April one year to 31 March the next year, partial years do not count. During the period of the previous 12 Months the Prospective Committee Member must have attended at least three national meets with a quorum of the current committee members present.

The Three Constitution Roles of Chairman, Treasurer and Sectary are limited to Committee Members that have been on the Committee for the complete year as defined as from 1 April one Year to 31 March the next year, partial years do not count. During the period of the previous 12 Months the prospective Constitution Role Committee Member must have attended at least Three national meets with a quorum of the current committee members present.

The Constitution Roles members ( Chairman, Treasurer and Sectary ) can allow this rule to be overridden the event of the role being vacant and no existing Committee Members meeting the 12 month committee experience required.

3 Likes

That is In the constitution so it has been amended I read through it earlier

Craig :grinning:

1 Like

I did not see this part ?

Simon

1 Like

That I must admit after I replied I re read :grinning: Think that may have been the change that was voted on but not implemented

1 Like

Is this all sidetracking things slightly?

2 Likes

Surley apart from chairman all roles are vacant, neil stood down, simon is doing treasurer as well as president ( which im sure he would rather someone else do) so those roles are to be voted by members.
Automatic entitlement is an issue if no one with 1 years committee is available to take the role on, but can be overridden if someone else has the passion to for the job.

Happy doing both Dave, for now :blush: :wink:

Simon

2 Likes

Chairman position is also a stand down and vote in roll each year, Steve had to be voted in last year and will stand down the same as other Committee members this AGM, any nominations for the role will be voted on.

Tracie :sunflower:

2 Likes

So all committee stand down…but essentially via the Constitution its a bit silly as only one other on the committee a year with any experience…you get my drift… Automatic entitlement…but having said that, could in theory end up with no committee if a no vote lol

Kind of Dave… but basically what the Constitution does is ensure that the Committee is made up of people with the right experience, trust, knowledge and passion.

So for example Treasurer, handling club funds needs to be a trusted member not a newbie with a car.

Secretary… knowledge of people, people skills, the way things are run and time to put in on the administration.

Chairman… all of the above… and Club history… been around the block… seen most situations before and can deal with them with a level understanding head taking all sides into consideration, in addition motivating members.

Most of all, every role on the Committee requires passion, going that extra mile, making the effort getting to meets is important and taking the time to talk to the new members and not just your close circle of GTOUK friends.

Tracie :sunflower:

9 Likes

Hi all, I’m going to stick my neck out here a little as I don’t normally like to get involved in these types of posts as a keyboard expresses no feeling in what is typed through them.
Please believe me when I type my comments they do not carry any alternative agenda or malicious intent, they are not aimed and any particular individual they are simply my observations and my beliefs alone.

Regarding what @Steven_Smith has posted:

I too believe with this sentiment as I have observed a year with great moments out in the field and what appears to be a less than harmonic forum. With members of @NAS, @stevie, @CDMH calibre publicly stepping down and or changing their minds, together with several other public spats between members the forum dynamic is portrayed to me pretty poorly and needs to be addressed. How I do not know, but in my opinion talking about issues going on in the background but not explaining said issues just added fuel to the speculation fire and makes the issue at hand appear much larger that it actually is. Nobody wants to see members and staff leave or step down due something that could have been avoided through something as simple as effective communication.

I certainly don’t know what will happen in April regarding at least 3 committee positions so for me this could be the major change that has been spoken about?

Paul

4 Likes

Completely understand your comment There @Paulw.
There have been some difficult processes going on behind the scenes in the last 12-24 months really.
And currently the lack of clarity being expressed to the members from he committee is not something we are pleased with, but we do currently have our hands tied.
I know that sounds like more smoke and mirrors but I promise all will become clear by the AGM.
There has been a lot of upset and controversy this past year, and doubtless the rumour mill is in full swing. The worst part here is the committee are unable to comment on a lot of it… And the main factor is damage limitation and risk involved.

The members as you know elect a committee out of trust to do the right thing, by the forum, by the members and by the membership fee insuring all is felt with in a proper, correct and legal way. And whilst I feel explanations have been very limited as to what’s going on. Please have trust that the reasons for the spats/step downs/ chances of mind have all been done for the members and membership.

7 Likes

I accept your thought process @Paulw and in most circumstances you would be right.

Behind the scenes issues are a difficult one, do we go public or do we sort the problems without any disruption to the forum behind closed doors. Wev’e had extensive committee meetings to try and resolve matters and its at that stage we weigh up our options and vote the direction we go.

The problem we have at the moment is the said issues are not currently sufficiently resolved to a point where the committee can exercise the benefit of transparency without it making matters worse, in other words we are shall we say silenced until such time a mutually acceptable resolution is reached.

I totally understand that small snippets of information can as you say add fuel to a fire, hopefully here I have explained enough to suppress that, trust me when I say I personally will fully explain when in a position to do so.

I disagree with the forum harmony though, yes there has been a few disagreements with members on some issues/posts, but you cannot have a community where everyone gets on all the time. I personally think with the members this year and the input they put on the forum is one of the best we have had. Paying members are up on the second part of our year and it pleases me to read the replies on how great the forum is

We have thousands of positive posts and a handful of negative. But what I like is the amount of members that have come along and want to give back something to the Club.

It is most definitely in members interest to make the AGM, yes read the constitution, be aware of the way the rules govern the running of GTOUK but most of all “Have Your Say”

Steve

7 Likes

Ive never been ‘‘into’’ politics but as a paying member would like to give my opinion on how i see things generally.At a guess i would say most people dont really care about that side of things until it starts to effect them and there enjoyment same as in the real world,how many people dont vote but decide to when they want change? i for one will attend the agm just for the chance to vote for change as i think is desperately needed its the only way on a commitee based forum.So guys and gals do as im doing get out to the agm and have a voice its not just boring stuff,its a few hours of voting etc and the rest is another fine gtouk social event and p…ss up.

8 Likes

Thanks for the responses guys, hopefully the situation will be resolved shortly and as peacefully as possible.

Paul

10 Likes

Some good replies on this thread , nice to see our committee have replied too shows how much they care for the club they look after for us all . @gavin_naish I know you have been away for the festivities but see you have read the post what’s your thoughts mate , we have all the committee involved then :sunglasses:

Now you have read the posts @Steven_Smith what are your concerns ?

Regards

2 Likes

My general feeling is that certain people seem to have the club on a collision course and seem fixed on causing problems and that this is the way to resolve issues.

We gain nothing by alienating each other, whether we like that person or not.

We are a limited membership with limited resources.

I don’t want to be part of any thing that promotes, encourages or makes it acceptable for any person to be humiliated, bullied or ousted in anyway shape or form. Which is why I do my best to stay well away from anything like that when it goes on.

New Year’s Day, christmas etc is typically for families and spending time with each other I can’t help but feel certain people seem content on taking this away too with ‘issues’.

My loyalty is and always has been to GTO UK and if that means it causes disagreements with others then so be it, they can’t see the benefit to the club. It’s my duty to protect the club from the demise of others that usually can’t see the damage they are doing.

I would ask that everyone is part of the solution than part of the problem.

Negative posts to the membership are not constructive to GTO UK in any way shape or form.

If you have an issue with someone that’s your problem, why do we all have to group together and get other people
Involved. I thought we all progressed past the playground.

The club works and has worked for many years as long as people are willing to continue with the clubs ethics and ethos and put their personal issues aside. The risk is it keeps going and then there’s a repeat of history a huge split and more issues to resolve so we should all do our best to prevent this from happening. We’ve had a great period of recovery and bounced back, why be content on ruining that.

This should ring true to every member of the club no matter what their position.

Also happy new year to all.

3 Likes

Full house now :sunglasses:

AGM will soon be here so keep the ideas coming folks

Ok by certain people I will raise my head here and say something .

I’m personally not happy with the direction the website has gone down , it is don’t get me wrong a fantastic bit of kit , but it’s too strangled and controlled .

The banter has gone to a large degree , this isn’t down to moderation nor committee either it’s the way it flows imo

I’m more than happy to say that I’m probably one of the guys you are aiming at here Gavin .

I’ve been around a long long time and put an awful lot into this club , not for anything the club can do for me nor for a fake title than means nowt to me

I have done it for the love of the club and for those in it , any awkward decisions I have taken head on , rightly or wrongly and fought my corner , granted things went against me but in doing so I have been gracious in defeat and accepted the result . I won’t ever not give my opinion on matters nor fail to do what I think is in the best interests of the club .

At the moment the way things are heading I don’t feel that the best interests of the club are being looked after , I know very well what an awkward position the committee have found themselves in during this period too and can only sympathise and offer my support to them .

3 Likes

@CDMH you have demonstrated perfectly what I was trying to put into words here :clap::clap::clap:

Tracie :dog:

2 Likes