Auto mk1 gto window seals and trim HELP

Hi,
I have a mk1 and the paint and trim are awful.
I have sorted the paint but I need some advice on the window seals rear and doors and the rear trim it’s not good and let’s the car down.
I’m open to any suggestions or advice.

Best regards
Bryn

Hi Bryn welcome to GTOUK , for door seals the ones on the top that go silver you are better off buying new , they rarely come up in good condition second hand but they are not cheap mind .

The rear trim at the bottom of the tailgate normally fades from grey to white , most people either paint this back satin black or go body colour , the trim at the back of the sail panels can also be done in this colour .

Give @GSXRKID A shout as he runs Evil Empire one of the traders on here

Regards

Craig :smile:

Hey welcome to the club, as Craig says really. Don’t forget though to pop up some before and afters :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone I will get some pictures up tomorrow of the before lol hopefully have a after photo soon.

1 Like

Need New lol I’ve tried to clean and refurbish them but it’s not a good idea they look rubbish.
Can’t polish a terd as that say. But the top strip on the back window came out good.
I will post some pictures soon. £189 for a pair of seals seems a little excessive. :grimacing: but sometimes you need to just pay up. Oh and the gto is now referred to as the mistress by the missis lol.

2 Likes

Welcome along :smile:
You could always use a wrap that’s what im about to do cheap too
dave

2 Likes

That’s what I’m thinking later on. First need to pressure test the engine make sure she’s worth the work. Also feels a little twitchy when breaking so need to sort that. After that once the engine and drive are good I’m thinking about wrapping her. Wasn’t sure if a wrap would cover the trim.
never had anything to do with wrapping.

Wrapping is easy with the bubble free stuff only thing you need to do is make sure it’s spotless especially in all the creases as that’s where it will pull away or not take,remember you also get shrinkage so need to leave a bit extra where cuts are then trim a couple of weeks later.
Do it then leave it outside for a couple of weeks then trim joins and creases where the cuts meet.
Dave :sunglasses:

1 Like