Breaking a MK1 (1990 - 1991)

Evening all,

I will be begin breaking a Twin Turbo MK1 GTO this coming weekend (and probably over the next month or so), if there is anything you need please send me a PM stating what you are after.

All I’m going to say right now is there is a list of things already reserved but until I have that list from @buck_geraint I cannot promise you will get them. I also do not know what kind of condition the parts will be in yet, but from what I’ve heard it’s been very well looked after motor. Which is a real shame!

After Saturday I will have a much better idea of what we have and be able to formulate a better post and let you lot know the list of parts available.

I will obviously take pictures for the interested parties before agreeing anything, but all parts will be sold as seen, with delivery charges added, whatever that may be. Obviously heavier items i.e. Engine, Diff, Subframes you will need to sort your own courier or drive over to collect (South West, M4 Corridor) so quite easy to get too. :smile:

Any questions? Do not hesitate to ask.

Don’t be scared it’s only a PM, I will see what I can do for you.

Thanks and regards

Andy

2 Likes

Andy, is the Climate Control display unit working ok, and what ££ please. Thanks,

Mike

@dodgemonkey PM Sent.

Hi Andy I need the 4 pin plug with few inches of wiring loom for the dimmer switch ( GTO TT 93 ) asap.
THANKS

Hi Andy as per telephone convo last night, can you put me down for the rear brake calipers, discs etc.

Cheers

Hi Andy, have already asked Geraint for first dibs on the heater controls, you should see this when he sends you his list, it’s also on his post regarding his car accident. :open_mouth:

Terry :sunglasses:

Well, I now have the car,@buck_geraint kindly dropped it on the doorstep for me. He drove all the way from Cardiff with no hiccups, top bloke.

Videos will be uploaded sometime today followed by pictures from who ever wants them.

Send us a PM if you see anything you fancy and ill pop it on the list which @NAS will post sometime soon.

Thanks for looking, Videos soon.

Andy

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the Coffee and thanks for Neil dropping me back to train station. Hope you enjoy the challange. Shame to see it go but I know that it will help some other GTO’s stay on the road - and maybe go a bit faster :wink:

Good luck with it. I’ll still be popping along to a few meets to catch up and I’m sure I’ll see you guys at JapFest etc . I’m staying with Mitsubishi brand with a Legnum and will be interesting to see the tear down in progress.

Cheers

Geraint

1 Like

I will keep you updated, thanks again buddy.

Nice Legnum too!

Andy

Yay! Video uploaded.

Pictures too!

Nice video @beanus… I would like to pass on the exhaust system, as didnt realise it was single exit :slight_smile:

No problem @Butler, anything else take your fancy?

No dude sorry think my cars got most things now :slight_smile: but if I think if anything ill shout :slight_smile:

Do you have news of the climate control display? I might be wrong, but is this the car that I donated a perfectly good starter motor to?

Mike

Bit of history here , this particular car is the reason the red one was destroyed at japfest many many years ago :wink: The red one was bought for its gearbox and other odds and ends

Craig :smile:

Red one destroyed at japfest?? What’s this story then?? :slight_smile:

The story is Graham and Mark bought the car as a donor vehicle and took it to japfest

There are other videos of it too

Craig :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lol that is pretty awesome… Doesn’t seem to like staying in the track though :-/

I certainly would have had them took off the track, as they could easily have caused issues with other cars Flooks passenger rolling commentary had me in stitches :slight_smile:

Steve

1 Like