Car shakes?

Hi Everybody, my 1994GTO has a shake when I reach 60mph, it’s not the wheel balancing , tracking as I have all these done Inc 4 wheel alignment, also not the wheels as they have been changed, can anyone point me to what it might be. Thank you

Paul

Hi Paul you’ve been here sometime tell us about yourself and your car then maybe members will come up with some ideas.
Any pics of you car…
Dave

Sorry for not introducing myself, I’m Paul I live at Southport , this is my 1st GTO 'mk2 she is pearl white , I will put some pics on as soon as I have chance preferably after a Good clean.
Best regards
Paul

2 Likes

Try your bottom ball joints and the rest of the suspension bushes. Check your tyres, there might be a slight bulge in one of them. Is there a noise from the front? If there is could be a bearing. Just offering some ideas.

If you joined the club you would be able to access the technical part, could help you even more :wink:

Terry :sunglasses:

1 Like

Could be a faulty abs sensor too, as Terry was saying dont forget newbie category is really just for introductions,
cheers Dave.

Does the vibration increase as you increase your speed? I’d be taking a closer look at the tyres. Check the insides of each tyre wall. There may be some distortion. Worth a look at least. Do you experience vibration when braking? Any vibration felt through the steering wheel? Just fishing for more clues…

Mike

Unbalanced propshaft???
Unbalanced wheels???
Warn cv joints???
Another thing are you sure it’s working on all cylinders? As that would cause shakey symptoms too
Jerry :grinning:

Front active aero spoiler?
If it’s deformed or any of the inspection hatches have fallen off…

Sorry for my late reply, I I had trouble signing in & have just managed tonight, Thanks Everyone for your suggestions it will be helpful

Cheers paul

Hi Mike, the vibration gets worse when accelerating then eases as I come off the accelerator, braking also shakes the car, I had all four tyres balanced & the tyre fitter didn’t mention any abnormalities.

Thanks paul

Hi kiddo so body posted something some while ago it can’t be your brakes as you said you were accelerating so it might be the props haft bearings if they are out of balance then it will cause a vibrations throughout the car might be a possible cause cheers Steve ,

Hi Jerry,
The cv joint rubber gaitors are not split so I assume the joints will be ok.
Thanks paul

Thanks for that steve, this vibration seems to have started when I changed the front brake discs?? I thought maybe these are somehow unbalanced the wheels somehow, just a thought

Off subject for the moment, I do I upload a pic of my car.
Cheers

Sorry but please read the Newbie section rules, this is my job and I have to do it as it’s why members pay for full membership.
Thanks Dave

This section is for the use of Introduction of a new Member to say ‘Hello’ and generally get to know other Members. The intended use is for research/knowledge for a perspective vehicle purchase and should not be used for technical questions after purchase. FAQ provides a vast amount of technical information should this be required. This section does not allow use of for sale posts. Any such posts will be deleted. Moderation may be implemented should a post not comply with intended use, continued posting on a newbie post or previous paid members using it for free information then post will be locked or removed.

Do you have to type this every time mate :joy:
Keep up the good work.

1 Like

Ok Dave, Sorry I didn’t know this, I’m grateful for the feedback I have received, I will be looking into been a member.

Best regards
Paul

3 Likes

It’s actually always my last copy and paste :joy:

2 Likes

Hi Paul , I am graham also from southport , I have owned 3 of these cars , look at the propshaft bearings