Classic and Restoration Show at the NECe

Great news
Just got the confirmation of stand space at the. C and R Show. We will have a 12x6m space in hall 7 its on the 31st March and 1/2nd April so l hope members will visit/be involved and l will add more detail as l get it.
Please let me know, there are already some members down for this and some more would be great. Its a really interesting big show to visit as well particularly for those refurbing their cars.
I hope it will boost the club and the cars.

(Tried to put this under events but could not find the tittle.)

7 Likes

Moved to future events Jerry, might be worthwhile continuing on from your first thread about this event though.

Tracie

1 Like

I would be interested. Where is it?

Hi Lukas
Its at the Nec Birmingham, over 3 days 31/3 -2/4
Should be a really good show and it will be good to have members involved over the three days akl or some.
We will have 4-5 cars on the stand and some other stuff so l am looking to see who wants to be involved and for how many days bearing in mind it might mean staying overnight and peoples work commitments for the time.
I am expecting complimentary tickets for those manning the stand and l understand we will get so many per car but waiting for confirmation.
We will also have a chance to look around the show lots of stuff on restoration stuff to buy and thousands of cars, celebs, wheeler dealers from tv.
Really looking forward to it hope it can build the interest in the cars and the club.
Thanks very much for the interest hope you can be part of it please let me know what you think.

2 Likes

Very interesting! Thanx for the info! :slight_smile:

1 Like

So starting to firm up about this show.
So far a commitment from 3 of us to do the show with cars, so we are covered for gto,s at the show but still keen to know if there is anyone who would like their car at the NEC for the three days.
I also hope that some members will visit the show and will spend some time on the stand talking about our cars and showing visitors, l expect some free entrance tickets for those who come to the show and it would be good if members could come come across the three days but l am not expecting them to come on all three days, welcome if they want to, with other commitments and costs involved.
Its a great show as well specially for those doing any restoration work on their cars.
Stan from Hartlepool Radiator Co will be there as well to show the tanks, intercoolers rads and other stuff we could do for members.
Just hope a good few want to be involved, hope it will be good for the club and the cars (maybe help their values a bit).
So far
Jerry SC 3 days with car
Jenson Richsrdson 3 days with car
Kevin Rhodes 3 days with car
Mark Leach 1/2 days
Dan [Silverfox] 1 day

Any interest please get back to me
Cheers all

5 Likes

Hi @jerry_SC,if i can wing it for the day will i still be able to get my car back out to come home?

1 Like

Hi Scott
The cars on the stand have to go in on Thursday and will be there until Sunday so cant do that.
Be great if you could come for one day or anything, will be a free ticket for you if l know when, will see if there is any parking consessions as well.
Hope you can come be great and if you want call me on 07836537431 and we can discuss.

1 Like

We have been added to the exhibitor list.
Jerry has filled the stand with cars needed for the event.
If anyone is interested in coming along, and maybe even spending a bit of time on the gtok stand have a word with @jerry_SC as he may have some free tickets.
This will be a great event with loads of cars and lots going on over the weekend.

3 Likes

Nice one guys , I was clicking the links on the other clubs under G , the link for the GTOUK. Stand doesn’t bring you back here ,

The ginettas I know about so clicked the other one

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

Made me laugh when I clicked it

PMSL in the FAQ

Can I try before I buy :joy::joy:

3 Likes

Pmsl… :scream::fearful::fearful:

2 Likes

So the latest on the show at the NEC
Signage now done, big thank you to Steve it looks fantastic.
Got the cars sorted and some of the items we need.
But as yet we have no floor covering maybe we will not get anything but if anybody has any ideas on covering a 12 x 6 m area with no budget to speak of please post ideally geyish brownish not to clash with the cars.

So those committed to the show are;
Friday Jensen Kevin Stan (h r c) Mark Leach

Saturday Jensen Kevin Stan Mark me

Sunday Jensen Kevin Stan me

Dan[s\f] one day
Steve and Tracie, at least one day

So we will have a few more free tickets per day for members who would like to come to the show spend some time on the stand and to visit the rest of the show 2-4 tickets depending on which day.
Some have expressed an interesr and l would like to firm up on who will definately come on a first served basis, all l ask is that if you say you will do it please do.
I hope it will be great for the club and the cars its a big event
Cheers all

4 Likes

You’ve done a great job there Jerry and I hope you have a great weekend :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Jensen and Kevin have been getting well stuck in as well.

5 Likes

The Event flier :hugs::hugs::hugs:

So much effort going into this, it’s a new meet on the calender and nice to have an indoor one at this time if year when it’s so cold, the back end of the year and beginning of the new year is often depressing with no meets, so it’ll be nice to kick off the season with a good turn out at this.

Tracie :tulip:

3 Likes

Hi
I’m definately going, its quite a good show
will pop in and say hello
cheers
Joe

1 Like

Great
See you there.

Any tickets available still? We’re coming

Been a long day. Nearly all set up. Last bits to do tomorrow morning.
Got to the hotel and this is the room Jerry booked for us to share.

6 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: that looks cosy , you top and tailing ?

6 Likes