Crank Angle Sensor removal

Hi Everyone,

so picked up my GTO yesterday, car tries to start but fails. (will put some pictures up later)

Looking to take the crank sensor out and give it a clean up, tried some easy start to see if it would fire, it attempts to start but doesnt quite get there. Have checked to ensure that fuel is reaching the engine.

how do i get to the Crank sensor?

I think there are 2 bolts holding it on, but getting to it is proving abit difficult.

First thing to check if its the 4 bolt with the crank angle sensor is the wires are not damaged where they run down the side of the cam belt cover , this si quite common when they are not routed properly after work

What year is your car ?

Craig :smile:

The car is a 1992/1993 its on a K plate non turbo, There doesnt appear to be any issues with the cable it seems pretty tidy and no sighs of any damage from the belts. will get the bottom cover off and see if there is any damage behind it :smile:

I have found a very useful link online which may be of use. its for the TT though but hopefully will assist with the location of this sensor :smiley:

http://supercar-engineering.com/rubberducky/3S/Pics/TT/EngPics/index.html