Dodge Stealth help

Anthony thats a bit harsh fella , @Nas is correct that is a GTO not a stealth so many give aways on the car that make it a GTO its unbelievable , coupled to the fact the previous owner is on here and he knows its a GTO

We are only trying to help you

Ok R/H drive for starters , wrong bumpers , rear sail panels are there and not windows like in the stealth , can go on if you wish oh and the fact its covered in Mitsi badges not dodge ones , feel free to Pm one of the guys with Caps your Vin number and they will tell you what day it was built and what trim it left the factory with and the fact its a GTO

Craig :smile:

I might be wrong but i would guess the stealths engine cover has v6 dohc on it as opposed to mitsubishi. As in the screen shot above taken from google. Dont get me wrong it did pick up some that said mitsubishi but these may have been photos from stealth clubs as comparisons and on 3si etc? Stealths are from the american market so are lhd. Have a look about on google mate. The clock surrounds are add ons and can be bought from the likes of ebay etc ( also in gto and 3000gt variant) spoiler is different to name a couple of things.

That is a Mitsubishi GTO and the Vin will start with a zi5A or z16a, this is a dodge sleath

Strange people try to help you, who have great knowledge of the car, than someone who has just purchased one, and knows it all :wink:

2 Likes

Dodge Stealth

Sorry I dont really understand why you are upset, we are just trying to help you confirm model of your car. If you would like your model confirmed I am sure any Mitsubishi dealer would happily confirm what car this is for you.

Neil

3 Likes

Sorry Anthony but I firstly must put you right on the clubā€¦
The people on here are amazing great to talk to and there is a mind of information in these pages that you will find valuable when things go wrongā€¦however as they are such nice people they wonā€™t take kindly to abuse :joy:
Secondly I sold and advertised that car as Gto 3000gt the stealth decals are added by previous owner to me as he was a night rider nut he even had a trans-am in black with knight number plate. The car is a Gto a later mk1 na auto it is a very genuine mechanically unmolested example itā€™s just the decals added.
There are gtos badged 3000gt and also ones that I have seen de badged with Ferrari decals added (these are not ferraris lol )
Enjoy the car, enjoy the club not much more to be said and apologies to those club members that have felt the need to have to get a little heated I should have spoke up earlier and said.
Dave :chicken:

5 Likes

TBH you think you have problems with the database

im buggered if i can find my model on there either , its deffo a GTO as i have a keyring and Club T shirt :laughing: :laughing:

6 Likes

@CDMH 's easy mate take your engine out strip it down and as you said match it up to the bottom end of a Gto it has pistons and everything so defiantly a Gtoā€¦there you go job done :+1:

Have to agree with Craig here, everyoneā€™s here to help you not slate you or your car.
As written above the car is indeed a Mitsubishi Gto not a stealth.

All the stealth writing is aftermarket.
I can tell you the stainless dash surround is aftermarket and supplied by a chap called richy speedā€¦ I know as Iā€™ve bought parts off him myself and recognise his work.

As for the stickersā€¦ Iā€™m afraid also later additions.

Car looks great though, donā€™t be disheartened by people trying to help you out,
Hell even I got it wrong once thinking my car had bigger turbos than it didā€¦ Made a right tit of myself on fb with about 2000 American owners and a few British lads @beanus being one who just watched and laughed at me!! My mistakeā€¦ Should have known betterā€¦ Swallowed my prideā€¦ I got it wrong. Doesnā€™t matter though :slight_smile:

3 Likes

When I saw this at Japs I thought I recognised it from a photo on here.

Stripes :smiley: yay it looks great

1 Like

Just out of interest @anthony_groves How did the mot go did it pass? What make and model did the mot state ? Dvla records would have confirmed this today :+1:

So it is a bitsa?

As it is not a true car, I doubt if I will dare go to any other GTO show.

You could just take the badges off mate dose not make it any less of a car chap itā€™s still a Gto and welcome at any show I would imagine :+1:

Your certainly welcome at any of our club events. Doesnā€™t matter if you want to keep the badges or loose themā€¦ Personally I would just get replacement Mitsubishi Gto decals and dash surroundā€¦ The dash surround from rich is only 40 I think. The decals I think Stevie here can make up.

1 Like

If I wanted a Dodge Iā€™d have gone for a Charger. I wanted Mitsubishi. Shame, I thought this was authentic, had I known I would not have purchased it. Looks like I have another experimental car. Last was a Jeep Cherokee which went wrong and nobody could fix it. Long ago was the time I used to repair my car, now I use a garage, when I can afford it. Snag about Nottingham, I prefered the drive rather than the meeting. Maybe Iā€™m not a show person any-more. Snag with car on show, you cannot leave when you get bored. Been there for Ford Capri 2.8i Turbo Technics, but I had grown up with the guys and girls of the club. Think it may depend on girlfriend coming with me to shows, weā€™ll see.

MOT? Failed on registration plates, letters too far apart. Blow hole in exhaust, after I got the bendy pipe replaced as stated at your mot, think Iā€™ll be looking at a stainless steel sports system. Head lights out of align. All easily fixed. Nothing about that rear nearside UJ, though Iā€™d swear I could hear a faint ticking driving to Nottingham, but jam pedal to floor soon drowned it out. Shame the exhaust is so quiet, new electric aerial is noisier when extending or lowering.

Horrible rear spoiler

It is a Mitsubishi , a Mitsubishi Gto , not a Dodge gto or a dodge stealth

Craig :smile:

2 Likes

Hi Anthony Iā€™m getting confused hereā€¦ You didnā€™t want a dodgeā€¦ You wanted a Mitsubishi ā€¦but you HAVE got a Mitsubishi
So I guess Iā€™m confused why you think itā€™s not authentic.

Do you mean you thought it was a stock Mitsubishi Gto that hadnā€™t been altered? (Of which they are pretty rare these days)

The spoiler Iā€™m thinking is a stock spoiler?