Flux are having a laugh

Hullo just got my renewal from Adrian flux and they are taking the pxxx
They have quoted £800
No way hosa
Get home next week then going to ring them and get them how they justify the quote
Legalised robbery
Who is good value for insuring Gto,s
What with ■■■■■■ sky ee and all the rest I do despair
Im one angry chappie !

1 Like

Good question. As iv got all mine on trade.
Tried sky? as they have always been good to me in the past with my legnum vr4.

Try footman James… I’m 31 with no points or claims and pay £200 with 5k miles a year…

2 Likes

Have you phoned them up? You can pretty much get the three main ones to price match each other and get the price down. If you pm Dan in the traders section of flux sure he will be able to help you.

1 Like

I ditched flux this year after a 421.00 renewal quote, didn’t bother ringing and paid 250 with footman. I can’t link to the post cos I’m on my kindle, but have a look at a post bout 13 days ago 're: insurance. @3000GT Simon paid 120.00 with Admiral. My footman price includes keeping car with no fees etc in event of total loss, European cover etc, agreed value too.

Thanks for all your help will give them a ring next week

Try this mate both me and @stevie @Tracie with the hulk got a great price
http://www.rhclassicinsurance.co.uk/classic-car-insurance.html
Link to original Gto post here

I am personally with Flux and have been for a few years now, seem to be the cheapest. Originally Admiral did me a good deal but Flux beat them and have consistently been cheapest. I have found you do have to ring though, they do seem to send a rather inflated renewal through. I guess they are just trying to make a nice profit, it is business after all.

1 Like

Hi,

Sorry to hear this, if you could PM me some policy details I will look into it for you.

Kind Regards
Dan

From what i have heard (@DAN2 you might be able to confirm this) when Flux send you a renewal it is the renewal for the same underwriter you had last year (Flux are a broker for many insurers). But if you call they can search all of their brokers and get you a cheaper quote. Personally i am with Footman James at the moment as it was the first one i tried and was perfectly cheap. But i will be calling around when it is time to renew.

1 Like

My insurance is £450 fully comp with 7 years NCD and clean license. I’m with admiral multi-car discount and loyalty bonus.
I was happy with that so didn’t shop around. Also I’m 31.

hi got my insurance sorted, stayed with flux after several phone calls
£407 fully comp, just shows yer
tried several others, my car is too young for footman james, has to be 20 or more years old
as for SKY well cos i had an accident within 12 months they would not insure me, not bad considering i had been with them before !
so SKY SUCKS !
thank you everyone for the advice :+1:

2 Likes

Hi,
Don’t know if you have sorted it yet,but if not try peter best 01376573357. My gto was £250 for 5k per year without any no claims bonus.
Hope that helps.
Cheers
Mick

Just wanted to say thanks to all for this thread, called Footman James and they saved me a bundle, all my 3 cars for £561 !!!
kicking myself i didn’t try getting quotes from other companies before, been too loyal to Admiral. Anyway cheers!!

1 Like

TBH Flux have quoted me £1200 coming off a 14 month ban, all mods declared and zero NCD.

Imagine being 17 insuring a corsa.

@DAN2 I must say I feel a little let down by Adrian Flux now that it has come to renewal time. After championing how great you have been, I am now 25 have 5 years no claims (4 of which are on this car) and my points are technically off my license (3 years up this year on SP30) and my insurance premium has risen by £70!

Just been told when I rang up I have to find a cheaper price elsewhere and then maybe your people will be able to negotiate a better deal for me. Feel like I need a broker to deal with the brokers, I am currently comparing my options so we shall see.

UPDATE: Footman James have quotes £256.39, cheapest mainstream was Elephant around the £640 mark. Need to ring Sky as it couldn’t complete online and then rin Flux back and see what they can do.

3 Likes

I’m 26 with 3 points no noclaim required and paying £168.00 quid a year with footman james.:smiley:

3 Likes

how the hell i pay 2k every year for 97 (4th year) , i am almost 36years old and i have driving licence sincei was 18 years , never had an accident with any car.

is this because it is Jap import?
my car will be 20 years old next year, i will try to go with classic car insurance

My car is an import too its just if you call footman james and get classic car policy ehich should not exceed £250 a year
No Noclaim proof required

I know its different for each person, but my 1992 import n/a is £126 a year with footman. No no claims used on a classic policy, 3000 miles a year.
Also my 1993 tt has come in at £132 a year.
Im 33 with a clean licence.
Both quotes where the first ones i got, didn’t even bother ringing around more than happy.
Jensen

1 Like