Fuel gauge issues mk3 n/a

Hi

Ok so am having fuel gauge issues it won’t move , so I have replaced the whole fuel pump and sender unit, fitted new dash gauges which have now left my rev gauge way off am guessing that’s because it’s not for this car, that I can deal with another day, so any ideas people, or maybe if someone’s selling a mk 3 n/a speedo I could try the correct one

You can swap out the fuel gauge unit itself, just unscrew from the back, i had a bad one that would read low on some new clocks I bought so swapped back to old one.
Cheers dave

Did that first before fitting the complete unit still nothing. It’s doing my head in cars great apart from this oh and the wiring to the head unit but that can be done later too.

1 Like

Just looking through member tech area there are post’s on this, some may help. Its one of the benefits to becoming a full member bud.
Dave

1 Like

I had to replace mine four months ago wasn’t working after taken out the speedo cluster, new one cost about £60 if I remember.

1 Like

Did You test the circuit that leads to gauge on the back of both units ?
Does the light come on when low on fuel ?

1 Like

It’s high up on my to do list

1 Like

Never let it drop low enough to see the light I tested both sender units the both worked well I think I need to find a wiring diagram so I can test it all out.

1 Like

I got this car from here and it was the best thing I have done just need to get this issue sorted, am going to mod nats this year so want it sorted

2 Likes

buy yourself a USB flash drive with the GTO/3000GT manual on it, best £10 you will spend. They are in the club Shop.

Steve

4 Likes

NA and Twin Turbo sender units are differerent and if you fit a TT sender you may be getting the problems because of that

Just an idea

Cheers Rob

Yer cheers I got it from a n/a car on advice from a member so not that I don’t think.

Friday I will buy one lol.