Full member 2017

I love being a car enthusiast. some people question why I put so much money into my cars… The simple fact is- it’s what makes me happy! I’m spending my money on my passion. I’d rather spend my money and time on something I can show for, something I can enjoy, admire and hold on to, not on drugs or alcohol. I don’t care about what it’s worth in financial terms because, to me, it’s worth so much more than the resell value. Everyone should have something they can turn to when they’re down and out, something they can enjoy at any time. My car is mine. It’s a bond only another enthusiast can understand. my name is david cunneen and hello to everyone .

Uploading…

12 Likes

Hi Dave,

Great introduction, your love and enthusiasm is clearly visible, and especially on Facebook with your amazing portfolio of pictures.

Good to see you made it back here, hoping we’ll be able to catch up with you at the AGM in April :wink:

You’ve done so much work to your car over the years, I’m sure you’ll be able to help out some of the first time GTO/3000GT owners who come along needing advice, so fire away where you can, it’s how everyone learns.

Tracie :smile:

3 Likes

Enough said really,and how well you put it.

3 Likes

welcome back bud!!! Good to see you on here!!

1 Like

Welcome along Dave… About ■■■■■■ time :wink:
Totally agree great statement…
Dave😎

3 Likes

Welcome mate.
Very deep write up!:grin:
But I agree completely with you can’t think of it as an investment but as part of the family.
Jerry :grinning:

3 Likes

Welcome, you have hit the proverbial nail on the head with your statement. Have to friend you on FB as it comes up time and again, but as yet lazy old me has done nothing about it, have to say it first before a certain young lady raps my knuckles again :grin:

Whereabouts in the country are you and one pic, I know they’re on FB but as I don’t go there much, I wanna see yer motor. :pray:

Terry :sunglasses:

2 Likes

welcome back Dave.
Couple of car pics for the members that dont follow on fbook?
Jensen

2 Likes

Lol as a few of the guys have said… About bleedin time :slight_smile: welcome along.

2 Likes

Spoken to you and met you now a few times, followed your woes on Facebook. Hopefully you have now turned the corner with this car and wish you a troubled free time from now on. Finally you have taken on board the fact you needed to be here mate. You won’t find a better bunch of guys and gals anywhere else. Banter , help and meets and keeping these cars going are what we are about, enjoy GTOUK and welcome to our world.

Steve

3 Likes

Oh… and Dave… Pics are compulsory on here, just a few mind, not FB style :joy:

Tracie :wink:

3 Likes

Aye up David , welcome back mate :sunglasses:

Craig :grinning:

3 Likes

Welcome mate, very true statement, not many understand, some cars are not just A to B, they are snapshots of eras in engineering and design and labours of love.

Next generation or two it won’t even be legal to buy a petrol car, it needs people like us to keep the legends alive!

3 Likes

Welcome along Dave have seen your story on Facebook. Your so right and as I always say it’s not about the money or increasing value. Put simply you can’t put a price on your enjoyment and happiness.

James

3 Likes

I will try my best for the starters on there new project the GTO bible :innocent:

1 Like

coming from the heart mate :sunglasses:

1 Like

thanks gavin I’m sure your gto is ready now :sunglasses:

Thank you Steve you know yourself it has taken me along time to get where I am today. Onwards n forwards with a great life with gtouk

2 Likes

Couple of pics for
:sunglasses:

Welcome understand those sentiments exactly, seen your name on fb good to see the car in the club and good luck with it.
Jerry

2 Likes