Greetings from London

Hello All

Just wanted to say hi and that I shall soon be joining the ranks of gto owners. :sunglasses:
I am really interested in this car from ebay:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301687149885?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Does anyone here know anything of this car good or bad? any advice or maybe any forum members near London wanting to sell around this price bracket? any help appreciated.

Regards, Ben

1 Like

Hello Ben welcome to GTOUK

Regards

Craig :smile:

Not a fan of Red but looks alright, odd ebay add though

Me too normally, but I think the gto can pull it off, all my other cars are black or silver, I think I need a splash of rouge in there :grinning:
well i’ll wait until this evening to see if anyone has any more info, if not and all is ok after I’ve checked her out I should have the car Wednesday.
I am really excited as I’ve always wanted one but was put off by hater comments on other forums about potential issues these cars can have, but after years of different car ownership I have learnt ALL makes of cars can and will have issues so why not have something I love the look of, so I have decided to add this one to the collection.

what had you heard

All sorts over the years, electrical gremlins being the forerunner, and other engine related failures but as I mentioned above I am sure would not be an issue with a well a maintained motor as with any car

Hi Ben and welcome.

Funnily enough I was looking at that ad earlier, looks tidy if it is as he suggests.

There is a buyers guide on here which will outline the main things to look keep an eye on when looking at buying a GTO, so could be worth a read.

If you let us know the rumours that you have heard I am sure that the guys will settle your concerns :wink:

Are you after a standard (ish) one or modified?

looks nice, always difficult to tell when not seeing in person but appears to have been looked after.

Graveyard, I don’t mind to be honest , a modded one done up to a good standard would be of interest too, just no garish bodykits :slight_smile:

Something struck me here in this add.
Correct me if I’m wrong but if this is a gto tt did they not come in an auto gearbox???
I thought all gto tt imports were manual

Hey Reddwarf
I think its a mistake in the listing description, in the pictures you can see its a manual, thanks for the info though

Well had I looked at the pics first I’d have not commented lol.
Clearly a manual

Where are you in London. I live south east. Could meet up and have a good old chat if your up for it?

Hi Thomas

That would be great mate, i’m north west, if you want to suggest an amicable meeting place i’d definitely be up for it.

1 Like

I’m in south east. Typical opposite side. Where abouts are you mate. Hopefully get a nice weekend coming up.

1 Like