GTO is the way to go

Just had Johns Turbos apart and to say they were F***ked is a serious under statement

I do not know how this car was not smoking like crazy…

John was here to see for himself how knackered they were too

Cheers Rob

2 Likes

It was smoking like a bitch Rob my friend, it seems to me these turbo’s had a 60 an hour habit. Anyway, I’m optimistic that the turbo’s were the source of the metal particles. The new 13g’s are installed and ready to go, I’m waiting on the cambelt kit and other service parts then I’m looking forward to boosting. However I need to be careful with the new turbo’s and all that ■■■■ oil floating around the system. So steady as she goes until I can really hit the warp speed. I’m wondering also if I should uprate my BOV and install a R spec manual boost controller at some point. As for the gearbox, sounds to me that most people suffer from crappy synchro’s. A car shouldn’t be like this no matter what any body says. But seeing as setting it right could cost untold riches I think I will suck it up until I find a way to sort something out. Thanks for all your posts thus far. Look forward to uploading some pics when she is ready. Also, any idea on a good paint source or respray vendor? the front wing and bump look proper ■■■■.