Gto owners in Angus / east coast scotland

Hey finally figuring out how to use the forums. Just putting the word out and trying to get in touch with any gto owners in scotland/ north east coast. Hoping to share knowledge and the like

Hi welcome spiros is im glasgow

Hi Stuart I think there are 2 or 3 up Your way around Fife and Edinburgh but not very active in here , a committee member should have a better idea, as Scott said I’m in Glasgow.

Hey Stuart. Im a new GTO owner havimg saved my 1994 non turbo from the scrap yard earlier this year. I live in Dunfermline. Scott

Wasn’t expecting such quick replies but thanks guys. I’m in arbroath just up from dundee. Got a 1994 mk2 twin turbo got June last year I think. Nice to meet you guys. Are there any events up this way or all down south. And what everyone’s experiences been like?

You could fill Microsoft cloud with peoples experiences with these cars, but the biggest factor is the dedication individuals have for their cars. Without that there would be nothing :cry:

But, on a lighter note, dinners on the plate, ceeya!!!

Terry :sunglasses:

1 Like

Upload few pictures of Your BLUE ( another one @Graig ) GTO. Unfortunately no events up here, I’ve been to a couple of local meets many Years ago , it’s only few of us now up here. Us for experiences I’ve owned mine since 2001 ( first owner after the garage ) you fall in love with it. Been full member here since 2006 and last month I drove 600 miles round trip and met this bunch at Jae for first time . Nice and helpfull people :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah been getting that vibe when flicking through the chats. And yeah thought the blue was a less common colour but seems I’ve been mistaken haha. Was looking for a mk1 originally but this one popped up and couldn’t say no. She’s a good bit off of a show car but as long as my will power and bank balance hold up then she will get there

2 Likes

I’ve added You here guys if it’s ok
http://forum.gto.club/t/gto-3000gt-owners-in-scotland/65574

Only other pic I’ve got I’m afraid:(

1 Like

She seems to be very shy hiding behind flowers :grinning:

1 Like

Welcome to the nut house mate…looking good another blue one @CDMH you better start thinking colour change…red maybe?

1 Like

Hardly any blue ones joining the club since I joined. Then the last couple of months there all blue. I think all the pink ones got resprayed blue when people heard Craig was on the lookout for one. Now he has his there’s a sale on!

2 Likes

Nah not red , Fook no , nor silver black green or purple , all been done same as yellow . Can’t be putting a green or yellow car out there when you have the Hulk and Martyn’s yellow beastie

I’m going for the rat look now , belt sander is coming out :grinning:

Nice to see more of you guys up North again , getting back like the old days when there were a good few of you up that way

1 Like

Deface the blue beauty. You must be mad haha. Nah if anything I’d go for a more modern deep metallic blue but goin for the subtle mods to bring her up to date. Upping the power a good bit but keep in the look pretty stock if I can. The suspensions gonna be the tricky part me thinks to find the good compromise

1 Like

I was thinking nice flowers, but l am in the north east of england in Gateshead, so not that far l suppose. Anyway any thoughts happy to help and good luck with your car [l don,t have a blue one]
Jerry

1 Like

And welcome of course

A nice bunch of daffodils above the wheel arches haha@

Hi
I live In Newport On Tay near Dundee moved up here 18 months ago. Mines a 1993 MK1 3000GT UK car, but had full 1999 conversion. Long story but been restoring back to former glory with big help from Evil Rob. Hoping to have her back on the road for spring so watch this space

Woz

Shall do pal my girlfriends grandparents lived round that way thought I’d have seen it. Yeah evil robs been a good help with me aswell. Look forward to seeing it bud. What’s everyone’s endgoal with there cars?