Hello from Belgium

Hi everybody, I am a kind of “new” owner of a '92 Mk1 GTO TT living in Belgium.
“Kind of new” because I bought the car 5 years ago in UK but for a lot of reasons not been able to get the car on the road.

Now it is time to bring it back on the roads and hopefully share our knowledge of this beautiful piece of old japanese technology!

Cheers

5 Likes

Hi @djtitto
Welcome to gtouk.
Be great to see some pics of the car if you have some.
Jensen

1 Like

I can, but you will see a car with at least 4 years of dust on it :grin:

3 Likes

Welcome along and lovely too see you as a full member :+1:
Loads of information in these here pages…search away.

Good luck with your project and fingers x for speedy progress…
Dave

Thanks Dave! I have been studying this car for several years now… And this website is priceless for users experience and knowledge. And of course I want to become part of it and a full member.

Already got a lot of pieces for my car, but it is not the mechanical part that scares me but the Belgian approval of this car to be allowed to drive on Belgian roads… It is a nightmare to accomplish

Hi @djtitto,

Good luck with the authorities on getting your car sorted to be able to drive it :grin:

Welcome to ‘UK’ and as Dave says, there is a lot of information and assistance, if you have a question, ask away, plenty on here that will help you.

ATB

Terry :sunglasses:

1 Like

What Belgium regulations are there that make it an issue? Are they strict on imports/emissions?
Love a black mk1. I started off with one, mine was an n/a.

1 Like

Hi and welcome to the club,what’s your plan for the car?
Jerry :grinning:

Welcome on board, good luck with your car and what do you think you will need to do to get to use it on Belgian roads? l know that they are very strict on modifications but if your car is close to stock even if r h d will it still be hard to get accepted by the authorities?

Yes indeed, the first thing was to find a GTO close to stock as they are very strict with modifications. For example, if they spot blue samco hoses in a complete black engine, and/or blue ignition wire etc etc stuff that it is easily recognizable as “engine tuning”, you can forget to pass anything.

So car has to be within OEM specs, but as it is Japanese, there are some security parts that have to be replaced with parts which have European Certification like:

• seatbelts
  • headlights (LHD of course AND with E certification on it)
  • fog light
  • OEM calipers with OEM brake disk (In some case, they ask you to come with your tools to remove wheels in order to measure the disk diameter…)
  • Wheels and tyres within original specs
  • No carbon or fiber parts allowed
  • Exhaust has to be original or aftermarket one must have European Certification with documentation (you can forget a custom made)
  • and so on…

The other step that can be a big problem is the need of a Certificate Of Conformity, document that you do not need in UK (correct me if I am wrong), and that Mitsubishi Belgium can not (or want not) give for Japanese Imports. I am working on that because some people found a way to have a private appointment in some Mitsubishi dealer to inspect the car you bring them in order to have a special Belgian certificate of conformity. …with the special price coming with it if you know what I mean.

1 Like

Hi

I can help you with quite a lot of the stuff you mentioned you need for it to be stock but modified too and for Stock parts

Regards Rob

Just move to the UK mate it I’ll be easier :grin:
Jerry :grinning:
Ps good luck though only messing hope you get sorted what you need to.

Thanks Rob, I did not knew at first that you were on this forum. I am already a customer of yours! My shopping cart is full, waiting money to come in :smiley:
You have a very important part for me and will order soon: Hella LHD for my mk1 as they have European Certification

Yeah I thought a lot about this idea, I had a work opportunity in UK few years ago but did not succeed.
I motivate myself thinking I will be one of the few that will drive a real japanese import here, and in a such rare car these days. Pretty Unique :star_struck:

2 Likes

Welcome to GTOUK Best color when washed and polished :grin: :+1:
If You pm me Your town and postcode I’ll add You to the Full Members Location Map :wink:

1 Like

Yes I think the same, best colour. I think I have blue flakes in it (It is a code X02 on ID plate)

For the map, PM Sent :wink:

1 Like

Hi and welcome to GTOUK. :sunglasses:

1 Like