Help needed buying a gto

I have never owned a GTO before and am struggling to work out which car to go for.

The two cars I have available are a GTO twin turbo 1992 and a GTO twin turbo MR 1994

the MR appears to be more expensive on the insurance, but can’t work out why?
What is the difference between the two?

Thanks

The MR as standard was like a a half fat version of the fully blown TT , it came with less toys in factory trim .

Wouldnt get too hung up on the model i would go for whichever is in the best condition with history etc

Craig :smile:

Thanks for the help

Hi Chris have a look here this should also help

As has been said good condition GTO/3000GT’s are rarer than MR’s or other special editions so spend your time finding a good one rather than any particular model. The buyers guide that Steve posted is also a God send. It flagged up some issues when I was looking to buy on cars that without it would have looked solid!

Thanks yeh I’m starting to work out there are a lot out there that have been thrashed about and miss treated.

I’ve managed to put a deposit down on a car with no mods everything original other than a new racing grade clutch and new cam belt fitted so fingers crossed, hopefully this way I can gradually upgrade the car my self as a bit of a project.
Yes that link was very good thanks, hopefully fingers crossed I’ll be picking up the car on the weekend.

This car I’m looking at has the moon roof are these usually susceptible to leaks?

1 Like

Not sure about others but mine stays dry. Glad to hear you have got your foot in the door. Let us know details of what you have bought and pics when you pic her up! Where abouts are you from?

Ask the seller when if the water pump wash changed with the cambelt… If it wasn’t then it will probably need redoing

I’m from Kent, will do I’ll post a few up once I get it back home,

Thanks for all the advice

1 Like