Im excited about my future GTO

Hi all … I am from Cape Town South Africa. i have been reading your site for some time now. I finally decided to buy a GTO. Not much around here in SA. I like the look and hopefully when i buy one it will be reliable. Im planing on buying a GTO TT from Japan.
So let see how it goes

1 Like

Hi welcome to GTOUK , good luck with your future purchase :sunglasses:

Regards

Craig :smile:

Prices in Japan are stupidly high and even old heaps of rubbish go for big money !!

Buy from a reputable Auction house in Japan and do every check you can before buying as they are selling some right crap at the moment out there as there are very few cars compared when they were importing them into the UK.

I have 5 customers out in South Africa and i can ship anything you will need to keep it going out there fairly easily

If i can help you in the future let me know

Regards Rob

1 Like

Welcome mate and like he says robs your man :+1:

i imported my gto through seaford car imports.
they sourced the car for me,fronted the money to buy it and ship it to the uuk.
when it landed they did the registration and changed the cambelt.
and all they charged was 600 quid for all that.

2 Likes

That’s cheap how long ago was that ? Can’t find a website address ?

I have dug out the guys number for you.
I just tried the number,it rang but no answer.
It is saturday so maybe not on the office.
01323 891 625.
Let me know how you get on.
Good luck.
Meds

The Guy is in South Africa if you read his post correctly…lol

1 Like

Ha ha Lol love it ! Rob ecu back tomorrow (superman!!)

meds…take a bow

Hi Rob… everything on hold now. The ZAR (our currency) is just so crap now. Usd is 14.50 and pound almost 22 to the Rand. Just unbelievable… good for u guys to come to Cape Town for a holiday lol make use of the exchange rate.
Do you buy on auction in Japan…
I buy normal myself on auction… had 3 skylines GTRs before. Sold them all so planning on buying a GTO. So let’s see how the exchange rate go.

I bid myself and have access to all Japanese auctions… my agent in Japan charge 3000 USD for all paper work. Transport from auction to harbour. Shipping to Durban In SA… on a roro vessel.
I have a clearing agent that I use in Durban that do the custom clearance for me…

Rob if u have better contacts then let me know… I can work through you in the future…