JAE 2016 - 9th - 11th SEPTEMBER

Woo hoo, ordered a cpl of cigars to try beforehand so I can place a good order :laughing: plus gotta get the port lined up too :relaxed: canā€™t wait! !!

6 Likes

DEADLINE for buying tickets in the Club shop is 14th August, looking like an excellent turnout this year.

:hamburger::beer::poultry_leg::hotdog::beers::circus_tent::oncoming_automobile::camping:

Tracie :smile:

@BexGTO if you want to order a couple extra I will slip you something , monetary obviously you dirty minded people tshh

Looking at the numbers itā€™s going to be a well turned out event , though the AGM was and thatā€™s always a good indicator of the year to come

@Mesobitchi hope you change your mind , it would do you good to get out have a laugh and de stress for a couple of days

Craig :grinning:

6 Likes

My tickets arrived it say thursday to sunday,so i can turn up thursday?

1 Like

Thursday is set up day normally mate , Simon normally sorts out who is going that day

I will be setting upā€¦our tent lol

3 Likes

I will be bringing along some spares @CDMH, just undecided on what ones to go for as im a bit of a snob now liking the Cuban ones. But gonna give these ones ago and then decide. Might get some nice Quorums (mid range) but would much prefer the Montecristo (more expensive) lol

I know @stevie and @ScottMR will have one too plus myself and Alex.

If there is anyone else who would partake in a nice cigar

2 Likes

And theres me thinking ill be puffing on a hamlet

1 Like

Definitely not @ScottMR lmao

in that case ill have a Gurkha Black Dragon please

1 Like

I think they have changed the rules for this yr @CDMH, Thursday is now a normal open day for all, open from 12:00.

Paul

2 Likes

I did wonder as its printed on the tickets thursday thru sunday

1 Like

I read this too and had contemplated going up Thurs evening after work :smiley:

yeah, i dont think many people will be there though as it require 2 days holiday for most, as Craig has said we will use the Thurs as setup day as we have done in previous yrs. Previously the JAE management have allowed a small group from each to club to attend site on the Thurs to setup, Simon then arranges a few members to assist with the donkey work :slight_smile:

Paul

Thereā€™s a couple of things to remember when thinking about coming on a Thursday.

The club does not provide food for this day, we usually go out and find a pub.

Whilst we do not tell you to help the committee to set up, we do like to see you help us out (itā€™s our holiday too so nothing annoys people more than to have people struggling with signs/banners/BBQs/ kitchen set up/ washing every pot and pan/scene steers/ decorations/lighting/ event shelters/generators/fuel and food runs etc whilst others are sat having a beer watching)

Obviously set up is much easier without all 40 of us there :joy:
These are the main reasons we donā€™t really advertise it being a 4 day show :slight_smile:

Donā€™t take any of this personally itā€™s just the reasons behind it :wink:

3 Likes

Please let me make this very clear to everyone, GTO UK are NOT doing the Thursday, the club equipment etc will not be on site , and no one should turn up on the Thursday to the GTO UK area unless they have been asked by the committee or have agreed this with me

We are not looking for everyone to help, just the agreed people

GTO UK are ONLY supporting the Friday - Sunday ANYONE turning up on the Thursday will need to camp within the public camping area

Simon

5 Likes

Thats answered my question then,maybe the tickets should say thurs-sun save the question having to be asked again,if you need any help just holla

2 Likes

Unfortunately the tickets are produced by the venue, not us, BUT we have only every done Friday - Sunday, as going back only 3 people where allowed on site on the Thursday fro 16:00

Simon

1 Like

What time can we arrive from on the Friday? :slight_smile:

Anytime you want really @BexGTO might be worth seeing how early the gates open though

1 Like