JAE done for another year šŸ™

What can I say about this meet ,just wow , I have been to many of these now but Saturday night was the best so far , from the theme and having the fox there to the food ( which made a really nice change ) the whole day /evening was awesome regardless of the weather

The weekend as a whole was ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  brilliantly , from the guys and girls who chipped in with the cooking cleaning , prepping the food and marque totally outstanding effort

Personally I havenā€™t laughed so much for ages at a meet so much infact I was crying at times :joy: Big pat on the back to all those that made it happen , from the plans in the background in the run up to the execution and set up and to those who turned up to make it awesome .

Myself Steve and Dave were chatting and Dave came up with a good point we could do that anywhere , so for me who needs awards from others when we can put on that Sort of entertainment for ourselves :sunglasses:

Craig :grinning:

11 Likes

Although i left sat afternoon i still did 2 nights as i arrived thursday and really enjoyed it,i was amazed how well it was organised and how hard the guys behind the scenes worked,dont think i saw butler once sat doing nothing it all ran like a well oiled engine,good food,awesome atension to detail and an event i plan on doing again but in a caravan,apologies if any of you who tried to get me dancing who may well now be sat in ice baths but you were pre warned lmfao

4 Likes

All your kit was soaked mate , pretty sure most of us would have done the same :sunglasses: . Proper test of tents the wind Friday evening then the monsoon Saturday morning

Butler is like perpetual motion he just donā€™t stop , others put in some hard graft too :sunglasses:

Craig :grinning:

5 Likes

Yep from those cooking washing up to emptying bins everyone really did the club proud,everything in my tent was ruined tbh even my camera,roof lights and car keyfob are all sat atm in dry riceā€¦andi drank alot of beer which i dont get to do very often working nights n all.

5 Likes

Just loved every single minuet!!!
Not much I can say Craigā€™s not already said.
But my face still hurts from all the laughing!!!:joy::joy:

5 Likes

Agree with everythuling above it was a real blast, hope my photos upload.

6 Likes

Great weekend nice to meet You all, worth the travel.Thanks guys !

6 Likes

Good to see you again mate shame we couldnt have had a drink together,car looked great

3 Likes

Well what an absolute brilliant weekend, Iā€™ve said many times this event is the best on the calendar, and it certainly didnā€™t disappoint this year, for me and Trace it is certainly up there as one of the best weā€™ve been to, and thereā€™s been a good few now.

Iā€™d like to thank EVERYONE who attended because the members make the meet, without you going there wouldnā€™t be a meet, this year was one of the best attended for a good few years, so itā€™s great to see that one big club family atmosphere again.

I could do an Oscar winning thank you list, but thereā€™s no need, everyone chipped in and helped, whether it be in a small way, or not, it all contributes to making the weekend successful, this hasnā€™t always happened in previous years, itā€™s been left to just a handful, so for us on the Committee that made life a lot easier and the event more enjoyable.

One of the things that stands out for me personally, so would like to mention one person though, and that is @spiros what an epic drive you had down from Scotland to come to this, well done fella, I hope you both enjoyed it, it was certainly good to have you there.

Thanks guys and gals. Roll on next year.

Steve

9 Likes

Iā€™m not going to say much but first of all apologies for anyone I may have offended, I do tend to enjoy these meets and the fantastic company. Iā€™m just about recovered actually fancy a jd tonight but thatā€™s possibly to stop the shakes, well done to all the effort put in was amazing by the committee and the members.
Roll on Christmas :skull_and_crossbones:

3 Likes

Myself and carly would also like to add a thank you to James @GTODAVE for the sushi kit he so kindly gave us. Carly really enjoyed making sushi at the show.
Brilliant enthusiam from James too, can see where a chefs passion for food comes in, defiantly made my eyes water with the wasabi.
Cheers fella

And a massive thank you to @stevie and @DavePerky for sorting the wrap out on my car! Love it!!!

4 Likes

And the results are inā€¦lol
http://japcarclub.org/index.php/jae-news/117-and-the-winner-is
I think we could rethink next yearā€™s field, whilst my first and donā€™t get me wrong I enjoyed it for what we did as a club, that was amazing! I do believe we are lining the pockets of ā€œNigel jaeā€ for very little but a field.
I know others like I have said before went mental prepping their cars and got no admiration for itā€¦me too if the truth be knowā€¦I may not stand about talking turbos and engine specs, tbh I know little about but I did put alot of effort into my ā€œthatā€™s soo 2001 carā€
Just my feelings, looking online no one gives a dam if weā€™re there or notā€¦maybe this is something for the committee to discuss.
Roll on Christmas doo :blush:
Dave :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Still there is no mention of best stand, best entertainment on stand, furtherst traveled club etc.

1 Like

It seems to be the general consensus Dave from what Iā€™ve heard.

I think we noticed last year and was more apparent this year that JAE only seem to be interested in the clubs who heavily participate in the events, which to me isnā€™t fair as we go to a lot of trouble and expense to put on our own Club Entertainment which limits the time people want to spend off stand.

Plus some people actually go for a relaxing weekend, chat to Club mates or talk about cars not to play Itā€™s a Knockout. Itā€™s like JAE are changing what it all started aboutā€¦ cars, even the traders have dropped considerably compared to previous years.

Tracie

1 Like

Funny you mention tradersā€¦I sold the event too anna onā€¦oh thereā€™s loads to doā€¦loads of traders, loads of food standsā€¦it massive lol
Bringing this back look at how much there was too look at and do at rockfestā€¦loads of really interesting stands, traders, ok the noodles werenā€™t good mark :smiley:
Imagine that on a 2 day eventā€¦
Are others simular to that? Japs etc
I remember at the time ppl saying jae was much moreā€¦think much more becouse of club not jae.
Definitely needs discussion with both committee and membersā€¦ think it should be put to a general vote with alternatives come up with at the agmā€¦although along way off people could come up with ideas, or of its too much to move our big meet maybe the powers that be can put our grievances to Mr jae, as he donā€™t seem to bothered on fb.

1 Like

It was s**t imo,the gtouk art of it was the only thing that keep me leaving on the thursday tbh,dont think illeven bother next year as its not my thing,i refer car shows not revenue motivated meets

1 Like