Jap Day, Castle Combe Circuit, Saturday 14th May

Not this time mate, I went round Silverstone the other week so i’ll bow out of this one this time.

Not a good year? lol. What about the three that made it around.

Out of the five that went round last time three came back without problems and even then only one of the five had engine problems, I don’t personally think they are bad odds. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Lol how many other cars crashed or blew up though from the stands? (Not including drifters)

Not sure, I don’t have the statistics in front of me but try a youtube search.

An NSX flipped on it’s roof a few years ago, hardly a case for dissing the entire marque. lol

I’m sorry if it seems like i’m having a go mate but I just think that you are perpetrating the myth that these cars are so fragile you can’t give em some stick every now and again and expect them to survive on a track.

No not at all :slight_smile:

Mines the only fragile one that won’t do tracks in one piece!! :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Anyone wanting to meet in the morning, we will be leaving my house at 7:15am. Just drive to chippenham railway station. I’ll add the postcode for the station in the morning.

Cheers,
Neil

looking forward to this, barbara says whats it all about ?, i dunno !

2 Likes

3 out of 5 isn’t bad at all!! And i think i remember right that the one that crashed wasnt being driven by the owner at the time. Worth crash i saw there was about 3 years ago. A blob eye scoob was hooning away from everyone else on track. second lap he slammed it into the limiter and blew the turbo and put a nice coating of oil on the track at turn 1. Then comes along 9 cars all in a pack racing each other and they all lost it and collected each other. Put another scoob into the wall at very high speed. The guy i knew who was on track at the time was so lucky and managed to miss about 3 other cars by millimeters and squeeze past safely.

3 Likes

SN15 3QE is the postcode if anyone wishes to meet up in the morning, anyone is more than welcome to use my house for a coffee or toilet break if they are travelling :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Neil.

Woo finally got to drive my car after six months. It even got me home, can’t wait now roll on Saturday :slight_smile:

5 Likes

So me, benson and Steve s went round no problem, benson decided he didn’t like brake fade, I was just terrified the whole way round and Steve threw his car round the track like it was a rally prepped Evo, and we all drove home.

Jo crashed because he was an inexperienced driver and the guy who’s head gasket went was just bad luck but you know if your gonna push an old car what do you expect, so all in all not bad.

Get your facts right next time please it was a great day :kissing_heart:

1 Like

To be fair to @Butler castle coombe is hard on cars and inexperienced drivers , with very little run offs and odd cambers there is always a lot of offs and damaged cars in the years I have been , so he does have a point :grinning:

God damn I bet you’ve fainted now @Butler I’m agreeing with you :sunglasses:

Craig :grinning:

3 Likes

Lol I didn’t say it wasn’t a great day! :joy::joy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@CDMH that’s kinda what I was trying to say :slight_smile: thanks for straightening out my dribble :poop::stuck_out_tongue::thinking:

3 Likes

Its one of the fastest circuits in the country bound to be alot of crashes regardless

2 Likes

Hi Neil, I’ll be there around 7am, hope your neighbours aren’t planning a peaceful lie in :slight_smile:

3 Likes

■■■■ the neighbours they can always move, @Butler if I took my car round I wouldn’t have a clue what I was doing but I do plan on doing this at some point just for the thrill of it… if I crash it then so be @gavin_naish ■■■■ it its a car at the end of it and can start again I can understand the the thrill the disappointment and the lift home… this is what gto uk is all about FRIENDSHIP cars and for the hell of it. Most of us would not be here if it wasn’t for the crack the feinds that come from owning such an amazing car that’s let’s face it couldn’t possibly have afforded a new one back in the day. So wish I was there this weekend I’m gutted would of had a go.

2 Likes

I will be travelling in the morning now as only getting tt out of garage this morning.
i am aiming for 7 at the station as well.
Jensen

3 Likes

I am hoping to meet up in Chippenham.
Not 100% certain, but should be good.
Marty

2 Likes

what time you all meeting at and where

sn15 3qe chippenham railway station to leave at 7:15am.

Cheers,
Neil

I now have a ticket which has been donated for free if anyone would like to go. If you are interested please send me a pm asap.

Cheers,
Neil.