Japfest 2015

Here we go, first off thank to all my pm replies was very kind of you, but i have been severely reprimanded by those who must be obeyed for even having the nerve to even ask you all what i did.

So the decision had already been made to break the car well before my telling off so they were a little late with that one. car still drives well & i suppose it would not cost the earth to repair, but what with one thing and another i reached the end of GTO life & now need to move on with new projects.

Here is the car before we strapped all the bits back on at Japfest.

The list should be up by the weekend, so if you think you may need anything just pm or ring me, Roll cage, Blitz oil cap & front Strut brace are already spoken for.

Cheers Julian.

1 Like

@Julian you havent been reprimanded at all , @Gavin’s reply to you explained the situation .

As a club we cannot delete peoples posts who mention an accident just so you can claim off your insurance , sorry and all that but i personally wouldnt have gotten involved to have my own insurance declined for assisting in what is essentially insurance fraud .

Just putting this out there so the rest of the members can see so they understand the whole picture

Craig :smile:

hahahahaha, made me chuckle :joy:

Sorry couldnt help it @gavin_naish :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I’ve edited this post because actually I’m disappointed in myself for getting defensive, agressive and taking things very personal.

As everyone knows me and Julian have had our personal issues and this is the wrong place for me to post them.

I do feel Julian has had a dig at the committee and hence the club, and has asked members unreasonable things. the reason I bit back was because actually I’m very proud of this club and what it’s become,
Everyone knows I feel this clubs family.

I don’t want this to detract from the awesome weekend we’ve just had.

It’s a shame what’s happened has happened. And genuinely feels its a sad way for Julian to cease being a member

3 Likes

Yet another good Japfest and good meeting up with friends and meeting new members to the GTOUK club show scene and hopefully many more. Here are a few pics https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10206472746320360&set=pcb.10206472767000877&type=1

5 Likes

Some great pictures there @davet25. Thanks for the official invite too.

1 Like

Thanks Andy and your welcome

I really dont know where you all are going with this, I will repeat i never asked anyone to delete anyones posts, I never asked anyone to lie for me just simply not to post up in the first place, every single person i asked said no problem & good luck except you lot & as for hating you Butler you could not be further from the truth, why on earth would you think that ? I really think you over estimate your own importance mate, I have far better things to get on with in life than to ever think about you, i just think its a committee overreaction but hey ho lets just get on with our lives & as soon as my car is stripped & sold i will indeed be out of you hair once and for all.

And as for it being my fault or not that is not really any of your business & Joe has no guilt cos all i said to him was ■■■■ happens.

Julian.

Hi all,

Can we now please leave this matter alone and continue any issues via PM and its bringing no value to the club.

Cheers,
Neil.

4 Likes

Great pics there Dave, its sometimes difficult when you are chatting and enjoying yourself to take time out to photograph stuff, so thanks for that, always great to see the pics of a good day.

Tracie

p.s. will send your card back in the post.

5 Likes

Finally got my track videos encoded with the overlaid GPS data. Stuck them all on YouTube:

6 Likes

That gps data is awesome, great video. Neil

Funny thing is I forgot to turn off my road angel emergency assist, doing 90 on the straight then slowing down quickly going over the chicane it set off the emergency call , so I get some guy saying to me mid race … Hello sir what emergency service do you require… And my reply is like … Race fuel I need racefuel!!!.

6 Likes

Cheers Neil.

The application I used is called Harry’s Lap Timer if anyone else is interested in it. There are three versions, I used the Petrolhead version for £13.99 in the Play Store. It is also available for iTunes, if you have iOS.

I had a few issues with laps not registering correctly at first, and the video needed re-encoding due to the steps I had to take to get the laps to format correctly. The developer was very helpful and managed to sort out my problems via his web forum and email.

He recommends an external GPS device for better accuracy. The application also takes input from GoPro cameras for additional angles, this works via the WiFi interface. Not sure if you need the £19.99 version for that though.

4 Likes

Neil, your car is in the official Japfest youtube video, quick glimpse at 1.17m, get ready on the pause button :smile:

5 Likes

that’s cool, nice find. Thanks for putting it on the forum :slight_smile:

Neil

1 Like

Saved you a job didn’t it @NAS. haha

3 Likes

But seriously dude well done. Our cars are getting more and more recognition now.

Today japfest tomorrow the world. Mwah haha!

2 Likes

Got to say and have done for a while the quality of cars we have in the club is awesome , its really starting to show now at shows and in the media

Been around the club for a long time and the exposure we the club/you guys with your cars are getting now is brilliant to see :sunglasses:

Craig :smile:

2 Likes

@mickJ and @NAS, that is sooooo cool!!! Nice work

2 Likes