Just joined, interested in a car on here

Hi,

The active aero should got down at speeds below 30 mph and back up above 50 when set to auto.

As for a fix there are loads of threads about this and the other issues you mentioned in the various technical sections so try searching the site.

Which one is it your looking at as someone in the club may know the car.

James

You’ll find all the info for the rear aero in the technical section, available when you become a full member :wink:

Terry :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Decided not to go for that one, although I have to say it was a VERY genuine car. Come on mr static, where are you? I want to look at that car.

2 Likes

Hi I think I’ve sold it but if it don’t go I let u know if u still interested

Yes mate, give me a shout if its still available please.

Well he did email me to say it was probably sold but didn’t then reply to say either way so I assume it’s sold, has anyone got a decent twin turbo manual they’re thinking of selling that isn’t daft money or starship mileage, red preferred and prefer the earlier popup headlight model but will consider others.

I don’t want to pay more than 4k, there’s various cars around for that or less, I’ve seen one for £3k which was really decent but not red.

Typically you get cars that are around £2.5-3k which will (normally) be dogs. Then you ge cars around the £4.5-5k mark which will (again normally) be fairly well sorted with a couple of minor issues to sort out. Then you get cars in the £7-8k range which will (norm… you get it) be well sorted cars that wont need much if any work. So if you are aiming at the £4k range expect it to need some work. Of course there are exceptions but don’t expect it to be the norm. Also don’t worry too much about high mileage. These cars like to be driven and looked after. a car with 150k thats been driven often and regularly serviced will be a better option than a 50k car thats been left in a garage for years on end without turning a wheel.

5 Likes

You can pick up a MK1 GTO TT for under 4k, then you’ll end up spending an additional 6k to make it run properly over 10,000 miles…

That’s what I did…

2 Likes

Spent mine on Rice :+1: I wouldn’t go that far unless yours was a wrecker.

1 Like

Mine was pretty comparable to what was available at the time.

Here’s an example of what I have done in the past 12 months (10k miles):

60K service done with genuine Mitsu parts
New crank pulley
New radiator / T-stat / rad cap / coolant temp sensor
Clutch
New front shocks
Working ECS
Working AA
Wheel bearings replaced with genuine Koyo units
Regular oil changes (every 3k miles)
Gearbox and transfer box fluid change
Rust treatment / sill repair due to rust
Tyres
Hand brake drums/shoes
Brake pads and fluid

The above is over 5k in parts, shipping and labour ( I DIY’d some stuff), and I have ignored the various second hand bits I purchased which will bring it over 6k.

Not even touched the exterior yet! :rofl:

3 Likes

Mine was £1500, I’ve spent £6k rebuilding the engine and its still a rotten mot failure :sob:

3 Likes

I bought mine 1300 and I’ve spend no end but when I bought her the shell was rust free,(that was the main thing for me)probably spend 10/15 k on her but I would never buy a gto/3000 for 10k, I’d rather buy cheap then spend the money that way I know what’s been done and do it my way.i wanted to buy cheap so I can make the car Mine put my own stamp on it.
So far still going strong 8 years later.
Jerry :grinning:

2 Likes

I don’t think everyone on the look out will be willing or have the time/facilities to re-build a GTO from scratch like you did…

If a GTO/3000GT Twin turbo was for sale and had years of care and money spent on it (with genuine/top quality parts), I would buy it for £10k without hesitation - I will be saving myself days/hours of DIY & downtime, and saved thousands of £££, more time to DRIVE the thing. :yum:

Life is too short to be scouring part numbers and breaking loose rusted bolts every week.