Just saying Hi - Nigel from Buckingham

Hello everyone,

A newbie post to say hi, I have just joined although I have been a GTO owner since 1998. My Silver 1991 Twin Turbo Mk1 GTO was bought in Maidenhead in early 1998. It has travelled with me over most of the South of England and even to the Isle of Wight. It had one re spray in 2000 and sad to say was my second car for while from 2005 to 2014, although it’s been insured and on the road. Having finally said goodbye to the corporate world and regular trips to Asia and Australia, I have bitten the bullet and sent the Silver Lady in for a complete refurb - I know I should have done it myself - but sad to say it would taken me years on my own , more computer geek than mechanic :unamused:. After having the Lady stripped, rust proofed, new leather seats, revamped alloys, new radio, immobiliser, added Bluetooth technology, engine makeover and this week full body shop job, am looking forward to the Silver Lady’s return in a few weeks. Of course I will post some pics when completed, always been proud to own the Silver Lady and look forward to learning more about maintaining her myself from now on.

Hopefully will make some of the events this year to meet new and likeminded GTO owners :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Nigel

5 Likes

Welcome to the club. Glad to see some more people who look after their cars properly. Although by the sounds of it you are going above and beyond! Where are you having the work done?

Hello and welcome to the club :slight_smile:
Would be awesome to see some before and after pictures of the refurb :slight_smile:
Come along to the AGM (detains in future events) gtos definitely not mandatory at this event :slight_smile:

Would this be due to a rather large consumption of alcohol taking place by any chance?

Hi Nigel,
Welcome to the GTOUK Forum. I’m absolutely amazed - another GTO owner within shouting distance from me, blimey! I’m in Winslow, and run a late '92 Gentille Silver NA. Currently I’m holding on for a rear exhaust section, with a view to going stainless.
Be good to meet up somewhere nearby fella.

Cheers for the moment ,

Mike

Hi Nigel,

Welcome to GTOUK, hope to see you at future meets :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Neil.

Lol nope… Honest :wink:

It’s not truly a car meet as its more of a members meet… If that makes sense. But don’t let that stop you bringing the cars as we still want to have a nosey a d admire :slight_smile:

I know of a few cars that won’t be in the road that early this year (mine to be one)

1 Like

Welcome aboard mate can’t go wrong here mind of info happy days :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Welcome to the club.

Hi Nigel welcome to GTOUK , where have you been lurking then if you have been an owner for that long :stuck_out_tongue:

Craig :smile:

Craig,

Sad to say been doing global trotting thing with the corporate world, now back in the UK to stay so more time for car clubs and stuff :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Hi Mike,

Yes you are close by :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:, just after I bought the silver lady back in '98 (yeh I know sandbags swinging time ) I had a complete stainless steel exhaust system fitted, it’s still in great condition, well worth the money :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:. Will you be going to the AGM?

Hi Nigel,
Crikey, you’ve been an owner for absolutely ages! I bought my NA in 2005, so 9 years + for me. I’m interested in knowing where you bought your stainless exhaust from. Was it around this way? I called in to a place in Hogshaw, where a fella in an industrial unit was fitting stainless systems. He took a look at least, and reckoned he would need the car to build a bespoke system. Likewise a couple of other places - one near Heathrow and the other up near Birmingham - reckoned they could build something in T304 stainless more or less while I waited.
My rear section, so’s to speak, has fractured just forward of the large rear box. A new rear Mitsubishi section is circa £330, and currently I’m holding off with that until I can afford it.
I might well pop along to the AGM, but if I do, it’ll be just to see a few owners and their cars and sit in on the AGM. I don’t normally do the up all night drinking/binging thing nowadays.
Let me know if you’re thinking of going to the AGM, and I’ll come over and see you.
Cheers in the meantime

We dont force you to stay up drinking lol.

Neil.

But its highly encouraged???

2 Likes

Hehe, that’s what I was worried about :smiley: :smiley: Hmmm…showing me age…

2 Likes