Local hobby type mechanic and parts needed tocal to preston

If and it’s a big if the cambelt has slipped and you have got away with damage then to buy the bits for the cam belt change you will be in for around £400

Fingers crossed for you

Craig :grinning:

1 Like

Ha I heard what your saying :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I get carried away it’s just I do love her and it was such a shame I can’t actually believe it I was literally going to the end of my street in her and then she died literally no speed at all just set off it was weird I must admit she does turn over but she’s not deep at at on turn over but not fire she sounds weird I’ve attached a video

1 Like

Hi

If there’s a mk1 engine being broken could I have the chaps mobile and name plz ? Much appreciated :grinning: rob hasn’t replied as of yet and I need the car on the road ASAP

Turns out timing has slipped and I’ve ordered a kit and water pump came next day

I need to pre prepare myself for what else

I’ll have it serviced at the same time if the timing belts are being replaced etc

If you still have the car by September, then ill be in Preston university doing a degree in robotics :slight_smile:

Ive rebuilt my engine twice so i know my way around it quite well. If it lasts til then i can give you some help inbetween drinking myself silly.

Mine slipped a tooth over winter, just sat on the drive not doing anything, slightly bent all the valves in the rear head so had to rebuild it. Then a month or two later a water hose split whilst driving down the motorway and cooked my engine…cue another rebuild. Just started her again today, fingers crossed she’ll last at least a week or two lol.

Strange to have no compression on all cylinders. Even with bent valves i was still getting around 50-80psi

Does anyone have a phone number for the chap breaking the mk1 engine ? Thanks

@LukeGTO is breaking the gto in the for sales section

Depends how badly the valves are bent. Back in 2008 or 2009 I can’t remember which. My power steering belt delaminated and wrapped around the lower Cambelt sprocket while driving. It jumped the belt by 5 teeth. I did a compression test and found 0 compression across the front 3. I didn’t bother with the back ones.
When I stripped the engine down I found I had bent all 12 inlet valves and cracked all 12 valve guides too.

Paul

2 Likes

Does anyone have the name and mobile of the chap breaking the mk1 engine ? :scream_cat:

I posted above , look in the for sales section for Luke he’s breaking a tt at the moment , I do have in the garage a set of heads from a 2 bolt engine , all intact bar the cas , I would recommend cleaning though , top end was ok bottom end had piston issues

Do you have a phone number Craig H ? I’m really new on here and am using mainly my iPhone and it shows a cut down version of the forum so I can’t really navigate it properly lol ?

I could just do with the phone number for u and Luke and I’ll cal chat and buy the bits I need :grinning::grinning:

I do yes , you on Facebook ? Not letting these nutters see my phone number on here :joy::joy: not the grief I give out lol ,

I’ve got it :smiling_imp:

Terry :joy::sunglasses:

1 Like

Only certain nutters can have it Terry your one of them lol

1 Like

Can u send me a private message on here ? I do have facebook it’s company one

NationalArcadehire

Nice to speak to you tonight fella :sunglasses:

1 Like

Same really good and much appreciate :grinning:

Sorry I’ve only just seen your post about engine parts sorry! Feel free to message me if you do need any cheap parts :slight_smile:

Hey this is great Luke Craig has my number could you text me your mobile so we can chat ? At the moment she’s having the timing kit put on etc before turning her over to see what happens :grinning: I am sure I’m gonna need pistons etc and god knows what so could u text me ASAP thanks