Looking for first car

Hi everyone,
Just joined up, looking for my first 3000gt after I let one slip through my fingers a few weeks ago (the green one currently on auto trader that was up for 10k in case you were wondering) and thought I would say hello
Tom

2 Likes

Hi Tom and welcome. There is a buyers guide available for referencing when buying one of these cars. There are a good couple of cars for sale, contact @Paulw as he has a nice red 3000gt for sale.

Being a full member allows you to see what’s on and for sale :+1:

Terry :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Ok I’ll keep my eyes out, I’ve signed up for a full membership so should be able to access everything when it goes through
Cheers

3 Likes

Good on yer!!!

As already mentioned i have this car for sale.

Regards

Paul

Looks a nice one tbf, just the cat d that puts me off

1 Like

You should be able to see ever thing now, apologies for our crap automatic system… doesn’t work so well these days.
Dave

1 Like

No worries, yeh can see it all now cheers

Tom

2 Likes

welcome to the club mate

Most older cars are written off due to part availability and it being un economical to repair. That’s basically what cat D is. The damage must have been pretty minor as the bonnet and the front slam panel are original and do not have any damage.

Paul

I agree, it just limits the potential buyers for me when I eventually come to sell it on (hopefully many years from now)

Thomas, you should never think like that, selling it on pah!!! :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Ha ha sorry, call me Tom I though my mum was on here for a second then giving me a boll****g!

2 Likes

Welcome to GTOUK Tom :+1:

Hi tom welcome to GTOUK :sunglasses:

welcome to the club and there a few nice cars on here :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Welcome to the club
Jerry :grinning:

I’ve got mine for sale as well if it tickles your fancy it should be in with the cars for sale

1 Like

Welcome to the club Tom. My advice would be to buy a car that is known to the club and members can vouch for. That way you are more likely to buy a car that won’t give you troubles. The money you lose when you come to sell a cat d car will easily be swallowed up in one garage bill if you buy a duff car.

I think just about everyone here would vouch for @Paulw car. He is a very respected member and you wouldn’t go far wrong with that. Post up links to any others you are looking at. Someone here would be bound to know most cars for sale and be able to offer advice.

1 Like

Thanks for all the welcomes and suggestions everyone!!
So I’ve found one I like, its a 99 3000gt, it’s done 36k miles from new, mot history checker agrees with this as far back as it goes, basically it’s in the condition you would expect it to be in from what I’ve seen in the pictures the guy sent me. (It’s 450 miles from me so can’t really pop and have a look at it ha ha) Loads of services, lives in a heated garage etc etc. Its been sitting for 2 1/2 years but runs every 6 months and all the fluids etc checked. So basically the bit I’m struggling with is the value, as it’s so different to anything else I’ve seen. It looks like a minter and factoring in a full £1k service from eurospec what do you guys think I should be paying for it???
Also if I get the vin number from the seller can I get any more info about the car other than confirming it is a 3000gt and not a gto?

Thanks in advance for any help and opinions!