Looking for first car

Strange he’s not mot’d it

1 Like

So are these phantom imports a real thing then, have you heard of them before est84?
Not too sure on the mot, he said he would put one on tho.

So what about the other 640 plus other ones they sold then…

Checked the Vin for you though

The car is a Genuine MK2 UK 3000GT and is a last ever batch imported car

The car was made on the 01-04-1998 and is NOT a GTO lol

I believe this was the car that was on EBay forever a few years back and this guy bought it

If it is that car he has done virtually zero miles in since he bought it and these cars standing around doing nothing is not good for them as the they need to be run for 20-30 miles monthly to keep them from deteriorating

Funnily enough i own the 3000GT made before it …:scream::sunglasses:

4 Likes

Thanks for looking into the vin for me rob, much appreciated. What a coincidence this is the one after yours :thinking:. So I wonder why the hell its got the wrong front end and spoiler on it?!? If it was just the one end you could think maybe a crash repair but both ends seems odd…

2 Likes

Lol because that’s what we do I’m afraid… :joy: lots do the body mods to later models I’m affraid.

Hhmmmm yeh didn’t think of that :grimacing:

1 Like

I got the feeling they don’t like standing from some of the other posts I’ve seen on here, (no cars like to sit do they really) so I thought a full 1k service from eurospec (also seen metioned a lot on here) would be a good idea.
Bit more history on the 1 of 5 imported malarkey, apparently he got it off a friend of his who was the manager at a Mitsubishi dealership in Essex and that’s who told him about all that stuff. Seems a bit of a random and specific story to be completely made up but clearly there are more than 5 3000gt’s on the road as I’ve seen at least 3 of them :joy::joy:

1 Like

The car has got the correct front end as its a true UK spec 3000gt
Only the JDM imports had the true 99 spec front end these were the GTO

2 Likes

What does that make the bosses car then :joy: @3000gt is he an imposter :astonished:

Yup genuine U.K. Car , they never had the facelifted mk4 front ends ,

Should be a carbon car , with the inserts in the dash

2 Likes

According to this old boy everybody with a 3000gt is :joy::joy:

1 Like

No makes him dozey as he remolded a Clio rear end so had it facelifted :joy:

1 Like

Looks like there’s some carbon (looking) stuff around the fag lighter and elsewhere.

So other than sitting doing nothing for the last 4 years, the price and the location this could be a goer then :joy::sob:

I’ll be at the nec on Sunday so will come say hello :+1:

4 Likes

@jerry_SC look fresh meat at the nec :joy:

3 Likes

Pop over and speak with @jerry_SC (jerry) when you are at the Nec. He knows alot about these cars and will be able to give you loads of advice :grinning:

3 Likes

Will do, cheers everyone :+1:

2 Likes

Oh no another member that will think we are all insane :joy:

4 Likes

In my experience crazy people are normally far more interesting than the normal ones :dizzy_face:

6 Likes

after buying one of these cars if you weren’t insane when you started you soon will be :joy::joy::joy:

7 Likes

The more you buy the madder you become…errrr @jerry_SC

4 Likes