Looking to buy UK Mk2 3000GT Red

This one seems to fit your needs. Looks like a nice clean car too!

1 Like

With any car you look at do a search on the MOT advisories as some of the GTā€™s that have been on ebay have had some massive failure sheets

Way ahead of you Rob :wink:
Only failures it has had was windscreen wipers a couple of years ago and a ball joint a few years before that. Other than that the only recurring advisory is a slight misting of oil on a damper which isnt on the most recent one so as long as thats all good the MOT history seems pretty solid.

Nice one Max

He must be OK he has a GSXR in the garage too !!!

2 Likes

Mine had no rott till i went to mot itā€¦say no More!
Sounds Good though :+1:

I like the original features, air box, quad exhausts etc (and its red :grin:)

Thanks for all the replies and advice! Had rung up that dealer before - unfortunately one of the last with a 5 speed. However thatā€™s generally the type Iā€™m looking for. Knew about the MOT history checks, as some of you have rightly pointed out some have a chequered history!

Why are you after the 6 speed? From what I can tell the later 5 speed is as strong if not stronger and has massively high gearing

N reg 3000gt mk2 a 5 speed, ???

Welcome James - 01252 area code are you in Farnborough then? Got a mk1 gto heavily modded so not your cup of tea but if you want to check it out lmk.

John

Mine is N and a 5 speed too. According to Rob GTs were 5 speed until 1996 (I think)

Hi James,
Reading your bit has got me thinking of selling mine again, I told people locally about a year ago I was thinking of selling because I hardly ever use it anymore and got a few idiots round who had no idea so it put me off the whole idea.
I would only let it go to a good home, hereā€™s why. I had a mk 1 back in the 90ā€™s
and when the first pictures of the mk 2 came out that was it for me, I just had to have one, I had always had big sports cars and had a supra at that time, but the 3000 gt well it was simply in a different league. I had a slice of luck and was able to get my hands on one in 2000 and it wasnā€™t even 2 years old, I joked at the time that I would keep this for ages as I just couldnā€™t see anything bettering it, after all these years nothing has changed only that with my van and the wifeā€™s car it getā€™s out perhaps once a fortnight. If it did go it I would like it to be to an enthusiast and Iā€™m sure it would stand any test, not sure I could be there at the time though.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a really heartwarming story - just goes to show theyā€™re more than just cars to the lucky few who own one. Do you have any more details about your beloved? Everyone on here always appreciates a few pictures!

2 Likes

Hi, been doing a little checking back and my memory had failed me slightly, it was registered n Aug 97, it traveled 26000miles in the first 4 years and 32000 since, so Iā€™ve done about 2000 miles a year, I should have used it more I know. This got me looking at the work and repairs over the years as I have kept all the invoices and motā€™s. Although there seems to be quote a lot thereā€™s a lot of small things so it has done me really well. Even though Ā£20000 was difficult to find at the time it really has been VFM.
We have never had any sort of accident not even a small one, fading paintwork was a problem mostly around the back but had this and all other scratches always put right, could never go out without it looking pretty much spot on, there is always someone looking her over almost every time we do.
Iā€™m not much of a photographer but I stopped the other day and took these.
Richard.

6 Likes

Bumping this up the page. Still looking to give a 3000GT a good home!

I thought of the same a year ago, it had to be a red 3000GT, a ā€˜UK carā€™ with the potential to hold or appreciate in value etc etc ā€¦

Then I saw this:
Click to Play Video

Now I have a red GTO, ok it doesnā€™t have leather seats nor 13G turbos - but cloth seats feel snug, looks spot on for a car of that attitude and era, and itā€™s quick with the fast spooling 9b turbos, I like the stock 16" rims and the feel and grip of the Yokohama Advans I have on it, I even drive in in KPH still.

No other car like it, and its a breed close to extinction.

MODERATOR EDIT: This post was updated to link to the video instead of embed here to avoid an error on screen for users. This is due to how 3rd party adverts were displayed with the video when embedded here.

I do immensely appreciate the mk1 and GTOā€™s, but Iā€™m pretty set on a GT! Never say never to owning one in the future after my UK one though. Interesting video to watch- seen a few like that before. I hasten to add Iā€™m not likely to be racing my future 3000GT round Tsukuba anytime soon!

only 15 miles from me

Think they want a mk2. Plus I was put off by the lack of fog lights. What happened to them?!

there missing on that one it should have them .prob a lot missing on that car that you cant see