Meet in Mansfield tonight

Hi Peeps,

Myself and Tracy are going to a meet tonight. The Chad newspaper in Mansfield are doing an article on cruises and clubs. Cannot miss this opportunity to advertise GTOUK as I am one of the lucky ones they wish to interview. :slight_smile:

Steve

10 Likes

The idea of the article is to dismiss some local controversy that people who drive modified cars are all boy racer idiots, we have been invited there as an example of the more sensible members of the scene :joy::joy::joy:

Tracie

7 Likes

Oh dear we are all doomed , have fun guys :sunglasses:

Craig :grinning:

7 Likes

Hopefully they are trying to dimiss the plans to ban car meets. A couple of counties have done it already and taken it too far. The wording is that any 2 cars meeting in a public place. Which means if you want to meet a friend for a pint and you both drive you will be breaking the law.

3 Likes

Sounds good. Tbh every meet I’ve ever been to has been full of decent people respecting locals and property. You always get 1-2 ■■■■■ but that’s less than at most football venues in percentages. Problem is when even the residents of places like castle Coombe complain about noise when they chose to buy next to a race track.
We arnt all morons who doughnut and wreck property. Hopefully this meet will bring some good Stevie. Just please don’t show them photos from your time at JAE :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

The last time I was filmed at an event and interviewed, it never got aired.

2nd time lucky :slight_smile:
Steve

2 Likes

Same old story a few spoil it for the rest, but over 2 cars constituting a meet is ridiculous.

@Butler are you insinuating Steve isn’t a pillar of the community at JAE :joy::joy::joy:

Tracie

2 Likes

Watch out or we’ll all turn up

4 Likes

Your welcome to turn up mate, the more the merier. Just know its at 7pm at Sainsburys in Mansfield

Steve

1 Like

I will be there in spirit…dare you to be really grown up then double dare a donut as you leave 🖒 not from the food stall before you go…bound to get a pic of @stevie with a donut I’m his gob.

3 Likes

If you are interviewed you might need to put subtitles on the video so all the southerners can understand what proper people talk like :wink:

6 Likes

I’ve just Google drive it mate, you might want to check which one as there are 3 in Mansfield.

1 Like

Thanks Colin got directions now :wink:

Tracie

1 Like

How did it go?

The meet was ok just about 20 cars. Will have to see if we get a mention in the Newspaper.

Steve

5 Likes

Well what a waste of time and effort that was. No mention of our club. :-(.

Or well lets see how much attention we get at JAE :slight_smile:

Steve

http://www.chad.co.uk/news/local/video-car-cruising-in-mansfield-where-there-s-no-boys-and-no-racers-1-8097171

3 Likes

No mention but your car was in the video twice. Club tshirts on and they put you younger than you look :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

At least you both got out there , as @Butler said though you had the t shirts on and the hulk is very recognised in the scene :sunglasses:

Hope they don’t do a follow up at JAE :joy::joy: we will get banned

4 Likes

We’re a bit disappointed GTOUK didn’t get a mention in the paper, wish I had a £ for every time Steve said “GTOUK” :grin:,

and I’m truly horrified by my picture, Steve looks so photogenic, relaxed, and then there’s me, camera shy…me…yeah just a little… “well do a pose like Dolly Parton” errrrr WHAT…sorry there’s 2 things missing!!!

But hey ho, The Hulk looks good.

Tracie

4 Likes

Pics look great guys, although I’m strangely paused on the batman scooby…dunno why may download that one for later.
You always do the club proud as we all do trying to get GTO UK out there wherever we gođź–’

4 Likes