Mk1, mk2, mk3

I noticed the UK uses the MK. I’m assuming this is for the 1G (91-93), 2G (94-97) and late 2G (98-99, 00 for Jpn) years?

1 Like

Yeah its one of those differences across the pond. We call them different Marks. America call them generations. Although we have 4 Marks… Mk1 (91-93), Mk2 (94-96), Mk3 (97-98), Mk4 (99)

ah, thanks. I can follow that. Now if I can just learn English, English. :joy:

1 Like

If someone who speaks two languages is bilingual, and someone who speaks many languages is multilingual, then what do you call someone who speaks one language?

An American.

1 Like

Good thing I’m Swedish and speak more than two languages. :wink:

1 Like

Good for you 1992 mitsu

The trouble there is that English is very different depending on where in the country you are from. For example, being a southerner, if I wanted to say “I’m drunk” I can literally use any noun in the english language and turn it into a past tense verb. “I am uttery badgered” or “I’m completely lamped”.
However, if you travel a bit further north then you find the noun changes to any swear word turned into a past tense verb. “I’m fked" or "b*ocksed”. (Don’t even attempt to understand a drunk scot!! Or a sober one for that matter :joy: )
And it gets even worse when it comes to food!!!

1 Like

This might help a little bit with the food!

Thank you. I could use the laugh. I’ve spent the last two weeks going through the transmission and engine bearings in the 3KGT.
It’s almost all back together tonight. :racing_car:

1 Like