Mk1 spoiler

Hi guys. I’m looking to buy a mk1 GTO / 3000gt. The only problem is that I prefer the spoiler without the square break light in the middle. It seems that there aren’t any GTO’s without the square break light in the middle that are also a twin turbo version. Am I right?

I don’t understand which spoiler goes on what model but it seems like the pretty ones go on the non turbo versions and the not so pretty ones go on the turbo version. Typical!

If this is the case could I buy a nice spoiler from a non turbo Gto (without the square break light (one with the light in a line in the wing)) and then fix it onto my new mk1 turbo that I intend to buy. I.e are the different spoilers from turbo and non turbo interchangeable? Also, by doing this would I sacrifice the active aero system (assuming it works).

Does anyone have the knowledge to answer my questions?

Many thanks.

1 Like

@Mesobitchi I think you could help with this.

Or look for a GTO MR as this came with the spoiler you like as standard and you wont loose money modding a car and making it NON Standard

The 3000GT never came with the LED brake light in any version

Cheers Rob

Hiya. Yes I have the non active aero spoiler. It’s in the bright red and still on the car. It won’t take much to whip it off and post if you can’t collect :slight_smile:

Sorry i didn’t know you had one for sale… :blush: