My GTO is for sale :(

Hi All
A very sad day has come I need to sell my GTO :sob:
It’s covered less than 40,000 miles on the clock
I purchased this car a few years ago with a broken cam belt
I pulled the engine out stripped it completely
Purchased two replacement heads had them skimmed and pressure tested all ok
Eventually and thanks to a great deal of help from all of you on the forum :smile:
Engine rebuilt car up and running :smile:
Sometimes the top rad pipe goes hard sometime it doesn’t :smile: :sob:
After a great deal of reading I think it just needs a good run
Unfortunately due to a change in family circumstances I need to channel my energy in the family and for the fore see able I am not going to get chance to do anything with the GTO
She will be greatly and sadly missed
When the engine was rebuilt it had new gaskets and oil seals throughout, new water pump, new cam belt and guide, new plugs, alloy radiator.
Runs great except for the rad pipe
The body work is a little rough and ready, just paint peel no major rust
The interior is very sun bleached and the rear seats have collapsed (no foam) there is no lining in the boot, rear wiper has been sawn of sometime in the past
I would rather sell her on here than Ebay her, I know you guys and gals will look after her
Comes with spare heater control, aerial, original cylinder heads, fog lights and a box of nuts and bolts

£1500.00 and she goes to a new home I would suggest towing it away or trailer it she’s not had MOT for several years
I look forward to her going to a new carrying home
Any questions please email me on [email protected] or ring 07437019086
Thanks

if your on fb you can add it to the fb sales group, just pm me if you aren’t on the groups and want to be on it.

This sucks. However family always comes first… And rightly so.
I hope you get everything sorted with a happy outcome.
As for the Gto. It’ll sell :slight_smile:

When things have changed ‘I will be back’ :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good luck with the sale Hawk, can see you have a passion, but as others say family is a huge consideration.

As and when you are back in the market GTOUK will Welcome you back into the fold.

Tracie :evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Hello. I’m not entirely sure of your situation here, but is there chance you can just lock the car away for the time being and restore it later when things ease up and you have more free time?

Selling it up for peanuts after sorting the mechanicals is throwing money away, and the car in unmolested form will be worth a fair amount once interior and exterior is fixed, you’ll enjoy the GTO and when you do sell it you get a reasonable return to cover the outlay.

Anh

2 Likes

I would love to do this, but I have not managed to find any where I can put the car away for what maybe a couple of years that will not cost a fortune every month :frowning:

Please email me I might be interested [email protected]
Thanks

Nigel

Hi Nigel

Email sent