New Gto, my first one

Hi all my names Stef and ive gone and got myself a mk1 gto tt :slight_smile:

Been into my jap cars for a while (mr2/prelude/civicrx8/fd rx7/s13 200sx) but with my last project s13 deciding to blow up after making it my main car :frowning: I had to get a car quick, had a rx8 for a bit but didnā€™t like it so started searching for a 300zx or gto. Had a decent budget at first but life and bills got in the way and that soon went down but a stroke of luck led me to the one I got for a bargain price,itā€™s not perfect but itā€™s more than I thought Iā€™d be able to get. :smile:
Got some big plans for It once I can save some money up! Lol anyway hereā€™s some pics

Plus a couple of my last project,bit extreme for some but it was my second car.

4 Likes

Welcome to the mad house matey

1 Like

Welcome along dude. I come from the S-Body family too. Were you on SXOC? I was Pippin on there if you ever saw me floating about. Looks like a nice car you have there. How much work is needed on it?

1 Like

Cheers guys :slight_smile: yeah Iā€™m still on Sxoc, was steff777 on there, tried to put the same on here but did it wrong. My project was on there as well ā€œpick n mix s13ā€ but just didnā€™t have the cash to fix it, still got it but itā€™s being broken so just need to shift it now! Lol

As for the Gto, itā€™s just a few things like speedo not working ( thinking sensor?) transfer box leaking,think a driveshaft or bearings gone on the front somewhere as Iā€™m getting a vibration and noise at speed and lastly a splutter/hesitation at low rpm (thinking plugs/leads etc) itā€™s not perfect but I got it cheap so a nice running project to get my teeth into when funds allow. That said a m8 of mines got one so heā€™s going to help me out with stuff.

3 Likes

Welcome to GTOUK, great looking cars :slight_smile:

Neil

1 Like

Yeah I think I remember your build.
There is a guy on here @Julian who is breaking his car at the moment so get in touch with him and see if he has the parts you need. Looks like a good car so will be nice to see it returned to its former glory.

Yeah my m8 brought his coilovers and front bumperā€‹:+1: and heā€™s got a few spares so once I get a bit of spare time Iā€™ll get looking into things :slight_smile:

And good choice of colour NAS, going purple with this as ive still got the paint that I was going to spray my s13 :slight_smile: got some blue pearl to put on as well.

When my be for a while yet tho! Lol

1 Like

Thanks, yeah work on getting in running nice first. :smile:

Neil.

1 Like

Welcome mate nice carsšŸ˜„
Missfire splutter at low revs good luck still looking for mine but Iā€™m ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  going to find it!

2 Likes

Welcome along, some nice cars there, personally I love the body kit :slight_smile:
You should encourage your mate along here too we are a great family here!! :slight_smile:
Hope you get to the bottom of the issues :slight_smile:
Need helpā€¦ Ask away :wink:

1 Like

Lol I hope I find the missfire as its driving me mad already! :joy: and my m8 is on here already :+1::+1: he told me about it.

Welcome to the club,
Nice choice of car, now you got loads of mates with GTOā€™s, these cars are great fun and probably twice as good as a lot of people think, they look damn good after over twenty years and really stand out amongst the crowd. :smile:

2 Likes

Yeah there very underrated to be fair,loads of power and even though ive read they donā€™t handle it a load of crap! Mine handles like a little go cart and its standard suspension wiseā€‹:+1: (for now :wink:) can tell thereā€™s a great car once I sort out the problems.

Only thing Iā€™m not keen on is the driving position,going to get a deep dish steering wheel (got a flat bottom one at the mo) which should sort it out,I want my seat back but then I canā€™t reach the steering wheel comfortably. Plus it needs a short shifter fitting as its to long, my s13 was just the same! Lol

I have a japspeed short shifter that iā€™m not going to use if youā€™re interested?

Sounds interesting, how much would you want? Might have to wait s bit though as Iā€™m skint at the moment. ( bills all at once!) lol

Hi everyone, Just thought Iā€™d update you on how my Gto has changed, itā€™s been a slow process as money and time has been at a premium but ive made some forward steps to getting it how I want it,need to get the bodywork sorted now which should be easier now the nights are getting lighter but here how she sits at the moment :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Always good to have photos like this , shows where you have come from and the journey made to the final goal :sunglasses:

Craig :grinning:

1 Like

Jesus thatā€™s changed the end result will be worth it :+1:

1 Like

That looks amazing, I hope you get to finish it soon :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks guys :slight_smile: sheā€™s a work in progress but Iā€™m happy on where itā€™s goingā€¦canā€™t seam to get my pics to show all of the car? Will have to play around with them. Lol still got a few things to add tweak etc

Going with this colour with blue pearl in the laquer :slight_smile:

6 Likes