New Gto, my first one

Yeah there very underrated to be fair,loads of power and even though ive read they don’t handle it a load of crap! Mine handles like a little go cart and its standard suspension wise​:+1: (for now :wink:) can tell there’s a great car once I sort out the problems.

Only thing I’m not keen on is the driving position,going to get a deep dish steering wheel (got a flat bottom one at the mo) which should sort it out,I want my seat back but then I can’t reach the steering wheel comfortably. Plus it needs a short shifter fitting as its to long, my s13 was just the same! Lol

I have a japspeed short shifter that i’m not going to use if you’re interested?

Sounds interesting, how much would you want? Might have to wait s bit though as I’m skint at the moment. ( bills all at once!) lol

Hi everyone, Just thought I’d update you on how my Gto has changed, it’s been a slow process as money and time has been at a premium but ive made some forward steps to getting it how I want it,need to get the bodywork sorted now which should be easier now the nights are getting lighter but here how she sits at the moment :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Always good to have photos like this , shows where you have come from and the journey made to the final goal :sunglasses:

Craig :grinning:

1 Like

Jesus that’s changed the end result will be worth it :+1:

1 Like

That looks amazing, I hope you get to finish it soon :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks guys :slight_smile: she’s a work in progress but I’m happy on where it’s going…can’t seam to get my pics to show all of the car? Will have to play around with them. Lol still got a few things to add tweak etc

Going with this colour with blue pearl in the laquer :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Still can’t get all the picture to show! Lol emphasized text

You want to take her over a good few speed bumps before you stick with those skirts. Only advice from me I can offer because I had to cut my body kit twice to make speed bumps manageable :slight_smile:
Hate to see you paint her up to have to cut up

Hahaha! Just turned my orientation lock off and I can see them all! … Think I need more coffee!

Thanks for the advice m8, can get over speed bumps fine and I don’t scrape at all… Not even on my drive and even my rx8 I had scraped and that wasn’t even lowered! :slight_smile: think the 20’s help :wink:

1 Like

That will look the dogs when its finished, well done and good luck with the progress.

Steve

1 Like

Cheers Stevie :+1: got some trick custom stuff in the pipeline I’m doing, got it sitting how I want it so can concentrate on the bodywork now :sunglasses: she’s still my daily so it’s hard to start stuff and finish it…hence my front bumper! :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Just another pic from the rear, I took yesterday :+1:

5 Likes

Very nice, I have that spoiler. Nice colour choice as well :slight_smile:

Neil.

2 Likes

Yeah I don’t think gto’s look right without a rear spoiler and this one is the only one I like :slight_smile: I think it suits the lines of a Gto perfectly​:+1: and the colour I already had as I was going to spray my s13 200sx but it decided to blow it’s engine before I got round to doing it :-1::joy:

2 Likes

Silvia’s have a habit of doing that! My S14 ■■■■ itself 6 weeks after i bought it! The good news is second hand engines are cheap and easy to fit! lol

1 Like

They certainly do! :joy: would of got it fixed/replaced but didn’t have the cash and I’d just sold my daily to make the s13 my daily so I was stuck without a car etc :-1: … That said if it hadn’t of happened then I wouldn’t have my gto :+1::blush: can still have the “extreme look” but more usable and of course faster! :ok_hand:

The S14 was definitely a fun car and I’m not ashamed to admit I had a tear in my eye when i sold her. The GTO is just a bit more refined on a cruise and prettier and has loads more power. 430bhp vs 290bhp. The 3000GT might be heavier but not enough to worry about with that power difference!

1 Like