New GTO owner, Blue 91

Hi yeah I’ll be doing the work myself, looking at the room for the cambelt it doesn’t look too bad, quite a bit of space to get your hands down etc.

Get your car entered into car of the month. Looks like you might win!

1 Like

A few shots of the car taken today, I had an issue with the revs idling around 2.5k, managed to sort the issue, it ended up being the Idle Control Valve.
All the brake lines are now sorted and booked in for the MOT tomorrow, fingers crossed.
A few pics earlier today:-

6 Likes

Clear indicators and side repeaters would make that look a treat :sunglasses:

Craig :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Cheers Craig :slightly_smiling:, another thing added to the to do list.

The car went for the MOT today, and it was almost perfect - just an advisory on the rear discs/pads which I knew about and have ordered.
So in total - rear brake lines, 2 x rear tyres and rear discs/pads, not bad for a 25 year old car that’s been stood for 5 months :grin:
Happy motoring!

3 Likes

Hi does anyone know how the kickdown operates on a MK1? Basically if I floor the car, the revs increase to the red line but don’t change up? that is unless I let my foot off the pedal, then it’ll change. I’m guessing it gets a signal from the Throttle position sensor as there doesn’t seem to be any additional cables other than the throttle.
Any help is mucho appreciated

Welcome Mark. Nice looking car you have there.

1 Like

Absolute awesome job mate. A lot of folk wouldn’t have gone to that much effort… Patch plate looks perfect. One thing I’ve never even tried is welding… Hats off to you sir

1 Like