New Gto owner saying hi to everyone

Heya welcome in. Can’t wait to see some pics :smile:
Any help/advice just shout and someone will be glad to help

Welcome to the club, and this lot 'ere won’t let up until the pictures are up :laughing:

The climate control is a unit that has to be changed, ask @GSXRKID as he seems to have rebuilt ones that don’t go wrong.

Terry :sunglasses:

@gsxrkid my climate control unit works but the screen doesn’t is there any way to fix or do I need to replace whole thing?

Hi

You have two ways to go about this either find a 2nd hand one that does work but will go in the future, as they all do believe me no matter what age they are unless they have a dial for temp increase on the very late ones for you guy also reading this.

Or i have a guy who can rebuild them and mod them so it wont happen again but he charges £60 to do this

Cheers Rob

@GSXRKID

Hi Robert,
thats very reasonable.
where in the UK are you/ is he based?

cheers Richard

Hi Richard,

Welcome to GTOUK, get some pictures up when you can :smile:

Cheers,
Neil.

@NAS

hi Neil,

will get some up as soon as this weather lays off lol. cant get a good pic when its raining.

Richard

1 Like

Hi Richard,

I agree its not the best weather at the moment :frowning:

Neil…

Hi all,

Getting to that point where I’m noticing all the little problem/ issues.
One of these is that the drivers side door light is not coming on when I open the door.

I no this is a really small thing but it is doing my head in! Lol

At first I thought it was the bulb so I swapped it with the passenger side door light bulb and the bulb is working. Is there a separate fuse for each one or could this be the wiring needs replacing?

I don’t believe that it is the door switch as the alarm still goes off if I open the door with the lights on.

Any advise would be great.

Richard

Welcome to the club Richard we are all mad…mad to own gtos
The club has a great for problem solving regarding climate control panel never had one that hasn’t worked although have sold a couple from scrap ones so they must go at some point. Sounds like your getting off lightly you can rewire minor stuff and tbh safer to do so these things are old and wiring wise can be problematic due to age regardless of miles. Good luck bud deep pockets are needed lol :+1:

Do not look at the list getting longer the longer you own the vehicle, everyone has to do lists, they do grow longer every day, it’s how you feel about doing certain jobs and the order you want to do them in :wink:

I know 'coz I’m filling an A4 page up quite quickly :laughing:

1 Like

Whereabouts are you based Richard? I am a GTO NA owner for 10 years now. You can make the NA a bit zippier, but at cost. Do the easy things first, such as upgrade to a K & N air filter, or an HKS twin mushroom one, maybe a higher spec exhaust with a decat (keep your cat for the MOTs), and maybe improving the induction pipework.
To get to similar power of a TT you’ll need to spend more, and think about swapping out the engine, heads, manifolds, ECU, and drivetrain most likely, and that’s before you get to the stage where you need to upgrade fuel and boost control and intercooler equipment etc. I have never worried about it myself, my old gal goes well enough for me any day. Some NA members have put a serious amount of time, money and effort into their NAs and have earnt themselves some very reputable quarter mile times - circa 12s - at Santa Pod.
Incidentally, my climate control display is not lit. The system does work, but doesn’t light up. I’m going to take it out sometime soon and check the wiring and bulbs serving it, and hopefully I’ll have it going again. Otherwise I’ll be on the phone to Rob at the Evil Empire to ask about the fella who can mend them.
Good luck with yours fella. They are great fun and remain real head-turners .

Mike

@dodgemonkey I’m in littlehampton near Brighton not many round here I don’t think, at least I haven’t seen many.
This may be a silly question but do you know what this button is for?

For some reason I can’t work out what it does.

And you’re right there are so many things I want to do to it but want to get the major things done first like the hole in the mid box lol

If anyone is based down in Sussex could someone recommend some where to take her
Richard

Is it your fog light switch it’s not original switch that’s just a coin tray it’s where active aero switch is on a twin turbo one mate

2 Likes

Ah another one from “LA”. I am in rustington mate. PM me and pop over for a brew and car chat some time!

As promised pics of my GTO

4 Likes

Very nice indeed :+1: @wkd_rich11, shines more than mine does too!!!

Yep, that’s a looker alright! I thought it was mine, til I saw how shiny it is. Nice car, well done!

Mike

2 Likes

Hi all hoping one of you guys could help me @dodgemonkey @DavePerky @just_cool @NAS with this Alloy wheels for my 1993 jdm na Mitsubishi gto

Any help would be most appreciated
Richard

http://forum.gto.club/t/wheel-sizes/485?u=daveperkins loads of posts on this my wheels are direct fit no spacers 18s lensos
I’m unsure about having different sizes on front and back not too up on spacers etc sorry