New memeber

Hidkits4u good gaurantee you do pay for what you get but ive got to be fair they have been great on mine. Good customer service answer all questions within 24 hrs etc. Stick your reg in on there site for the correct kit from memory they recognised the differences between mk1 2 etc. the only thing i had to do was switch the poles on the ballasts. They are all self contained ( no extra line to the battery). Maybe worth a go as you can always get your cash back if they fail. Mine were 100 for 55w 5k jobbies make a huge difference though

many thanks for the advise I bought some Osram bulbs will see what they look like
General question is it possible to clean inside of of headlights or are they sealed units

Cheers
Stuart

HIDS4U.co.uk did reply quickly but werenā€™t able to tell me if they would work with the electrical system in my car when I described it, which didnā€™t give me the most confidence in them. They did say they would refund me if the kit didnā€™t function correctly, however that could be a point of contention as they may well function when used correctly (i.e. Only supplied with a single voltage and current), but might not function on my vehicle and at Ā£90 I didnā€™t think it was worth the punt. Ā£90 is a bit much to lose but not enough to go chasing after if there is a problem.

If someone does this and it works that is great, but from my own experience and everything I have read online regarding MK2 3000GTs HIDs donā€™t function correctly.

My eBay Ā£20 HIDs were great when they were on, but HID ballasts seem to be made to accept one input and have one output. Not vary the input and vary the output, which is what is required on the MK2 if you want to retain the same feature set.