New MK2 GTO TT owner

We do have a limit on newbie posts it basically because we ain’t your normal forum as you have seen. The biggest and best… one and only GTOUK club since 2002 ish, our forum is the most up to date social media wise and costs money hence the full membership fee.
Having said that opening up the forum for £20 you will see a huge fix database Going back to the beginning, everything was imported from our old style forum to this new one, you will see that just searching in the box can often give you an instant answer to a problem, plus like i said just 1 or our subsadised meets gets your fee back, those that come never regret it.
No pressure lol Dave :joy:

1 Like

haha yeah I am seriously considering JAE already. it looks like it would be a good couple days and worth it at that price. if I can get my car the way I want it I will most definitely be going :grinning:

4 Likes

It’s funny how the forum works it takes a few days then you become trusted by a computer program, basically then you can be on here as much as you like annoying people like i do :joy: you get respect badges you may see these pop up lol

yeah I saw I got a badge when I made my first reply, made me giggle :joy:

1 Like

Welcome to the club Craig, lots happening, great source to help you get stuck into your car, nice clour, good luck with it.

Dave’s nearly reached the point of achieving his nutcase badge, only given to the people who are REALLY nuts!!! Morning Dave :joy: :joy: :joy:

Terry :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Afternoon Terry

My new look :dizzy_face:

3 Likes

Sexy Beast :cupid:

1 Like

so I just tried to fit this bov, but when I started it up after it kept cutting out, just wondering if this was normal to happen or does anything else need to be done?

1 Like

Have plumbed in the vacuum pipe?
Jerry

1 Like

Did you fit the blank plug too?

1 Like

Yeah vacuum pipe was fitted and the blanking plug came with the bov and that was fitted. The bov worked fine when revved but when I let my foot off it cut out and wouldn’t sit at idle.

is it a new dv ? if it sticks it will cut car out , a slight vac leak our cars cut out

1 Like

It came in a bag with the car. It looks pretty new but I can’t be sure. You think I should just be safe and get another one? There shouldn’t be any vacuum leaks so from that it must be the bov.

I have had one of those 2 years without problems, sometimes apparently they can stick, rob said something about greasing them as it’s a moving part on the Shaft.

Thanks I shall give that a try. Today was a bad day for finding problems also. Has anyone here experienced the problem with clicking when trying to start? I found what looks like a fix on 3si where you add a relay to the starting circuit? Just wondering if anyone has tried this or even experienced it?

Probably not shutting or its opening on idle , have a look at it while it’s running , blip the throttle while watching the piston ,

You can take the lid off and stretch the spring if it needs help

The old click click start is a problem that has hit loads of cars , it’s worn contacts , now you can do the workaround with the relay are buy new parts to sort it
It has been covered a lot in the tech sections

Craig :grinning:

4 Likes

ok thanks for that, I shall have a look now :grin: