Newbie!

Hey guys!

New to the whole forum thing, so thought id start here!
Names Roddy and i currently live in Aberdeen!
Have had my 1993 Mitsubishi GTO twin turbo for a few months now , and absolutley love it!

Cant wait to get reading and learning, as a car like this is new territory for me!

Roddy

Hi,

welcome to gtouk, plenty to read about here. Get a picture up when you get a chance :slight_smile:

cheers,
Neil

Cheers!

Will get some photos up today if i remember! haha

Roddy

So here is a few pictures of my GTO, if its worked! :stuck_out_tongue:

Firstly the car isnt standard, and all of the aftermarket parts were added by the previous owner. So, i ask peoples opinions on the front bumper.
Who likes it who doesnt, im pretty sure that im going to put the front back to a standard bumper!

Any feedback appreciated!

Cheers!

Roddy
PS Not sure why the pictures are so â– â– â– â– â– â–  massive!

Hi Roddy,

Welcome aboard GTOUK,

most important thing is make sure its had a recent cambelt change. The car looks tidy buddy.

Steve

Tidy Mota!! - Great Colour Choice! :wink:

Thanks haha!

No bias involved :stuck_out_tongue: But yes it is!

Welcome to the club.
Dude I like the front & rear bumpers… Both aftermarket. But then again I’m biased as mines been kitted. Be unique with your car don’t just follow the sheep :slight_smile: (apologise to all sheep :slight_smile: )

[quote]Welcome to the club.
Dude I like the front & rear bumpers… Both aftermarket. But then again I’m biased as mines been kitted. Be unique with your car don’t just follow the sheep :slight_smile: (apologise to all sheep :slight_smile: )[/quote]

Baaaa Baaaaaaaa :lol: :lol:

Nice tidy looking motor Roddy, like Butlers says be your own person and make the car yours in the way you want it too look and as long as your comfortable with that then…you’ll have hell of a car which is unique to you.

Welcome to the club and look forward to hopefully seeing you at an event which is nearer to you so you don’t have much traveling

1 Like

Cheers guys!

Yeah will take some time to think about it. Need to address the fitment of the front bumper as it doesnt seem to fit right (will upload a picture to show you guys)

The only issue that needs addressing urgently unfortunately is the gearbox:(
Other than that the car runs smoothly and perfectly!

And with the previous upgrades , it goes like sh#t!

I would love to go to a meet, not many up here though :frowning:

Roddy

Welcome to the club Roddy----very nice looking car you’ve got :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey dude

What other upgrades does it have?? I can see an exhaust and k&n… Plus stainless Y pipe.

[quote]Hey dude

What other upgrades does it have?? I can see an exhaust and k&n… Plus stainless Y pipe.[/quote]

Well, as far as im aware, and im just going on what the previous owner told me, the turbos have been upgraded!
Im pretty sure this is true as 0-60 feels much quicker than standard, but i could be wrong. and i couldnt tell you what too either! I believe he said its be flashed or remapped?
There is also a manual boost controller which is currently running 11 or 14 psi, i cant remember haha

And yeah the exhaust is a full system ( cant remember what make)
Umm… thats all i can think of off the top of my head haha

I myself haven’t done anything to it… YET! :smiley:

[quote]

I myself haven’t done anything to it… YET! :D[/quote]

Love it 8)

Welcome.

Good advice to check the cam belt service was done properly.

If you are running an MBC at 11 or 14 psi, get down to a rolling road and get it dyno’d, this will not only tell you the boost, afr, power and torque, but most importantly it will log for knock and tell you how safe your tune is.

I don’t know how far it is for you but. sitec have mapped a few GTOs. Their details are in the Garage section I believe as this is who did Vinyla’s car, check out the rolling road table.

André

[quote]Welcome.

Good advice to check the cam belt service was done properly.

If you are running an MBC at 11 or 14 psi, get down to a rolling road and get it dyno’d, this will not only tell you the boost, afr, power and torque, but most importantly it will log for knock and tell you how safe your tune is.

I don’t know how far it is for you but. sitec have mapped a few GTOs. Their details are in the Garage section I believe as this is who did Vinyla’s car, check out the rolling road table.

André[/quote]

Yeah, will check the history, though i am pretty sure that it as done recently!

Will try and get down to a dyno, no idea where the nearest is though haha!

Cheers!

Welcome to the club,
Nice looking car, I like the wheels and the snow scoop on the front will come in handy this winter. :lol: :lol:
Only joking I like it and the rear.

[quote]Welcome to the club,
Nice looking car, I like the wheels and the snow scoop on the front will come in handy this winter. :lol: :lol:
Only joking I like it and the rear.[/quote]

HAHA! Yeah, that is going to be interesting , especially up here! Its bad enough going over speed bumps… let a lone a wall of snow :stuck_out_tongue:

Cheers though! :slight_smile:

I HATE speed bumps!!! Until this weekend u couldn’t even fit your shoe under my bumpers or sills… So I know how u feel.

These cars are amazing in the snow though :slight_smile:

We all hate speed bumps on here :frowning:
I have a electronic boost control on mine so took advice and got a data logger up and running to make sure you aint knocking or maxing out the injectors, very important.