Palm data logging on mmc software

Well there you have it the first mk1/ 2 direct plug usb cable, you can keep it plugged in and turned off, even mount the usb to the dash and just plug in switch on and log away.Tested just now and working well, will undergo more tests then start making more and will let you know when ready.

9 Likes

Top work dave

4 Likes

Great to see after all the years Iā€™ve been in this club there are still new innovative things coming along , ok palm logging isnā€™t new , but the option you have now given with a plug into the dash is :sunglasses:

Craig :grinning:

4 Likes

Well you canā€™t ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  get them now some one has to do it I suppose :grinning:
These will fit all palm m130 all 500 series and the tunsten w and 700 series not the earlier AA battery type, the Palms ordered i now have 4, 2 more to get then as and when required will make and source more.
I will be selling them on eBay as leed on its own and palm if I can source enough, but it is Time consuming tbh so turnaround after this will be 2 weeks.

3 Likes

This is great Dave. As others have said brilliant for members and the club. Top man.
Even more so as I wanted one :grin:
Let me know as soon as you want money and I will pp gift it.
Jensen
Thanks again

3 Likes

Impressed with this Dave, you have a massive amount of patience and skill.

Brilliant

Steve

2 Likes

Fair play mate.

2 Likes

Just bear with me making them up, will be doing it at work but am quite busy at moment.
Hopefully next week :+1:

6 Likes

I in no rush mate, ā€¦ Takes as long as it takes,. Just appreciate you doing this for us all and the clubā€¦ Team gtouk rocks :metal:

3 Likes

Dave.
Just a thoughtā€¦ if struggling to source suitable equipment, why dont you keep 2 yourself and offer a rental service at a cost.
Steve

3 Likes

I did consider this when i had my palm and laptop both with logging, but decided the weight of posting back and forth wasnā€™t worth it, the palm is alot lighter so possibly.
As with all hire there would Have to be deposits left for damage and loss (although registered post would have to be used both ways)
Will get these done and see where Iā€™m at and get back to you guys.
Cheers dave
@stevie to the rescue :wink:

4 Likes

Quick guide to the palm mmcd new cable fitting and logging, some of the simple stuff it can doā€¦no ā– ā– ā– ā–  taking please :joy: ā€œhereā€ is pronounced ā€œhearā€ in these parts of the country @Tracie @stevie.
Each palm and leed will come with printed internet instructions.
Thanks dave

4 Likes

Might be a stupid question but has anyone looked at doing it with something like an arduino? Should be pretty simple to do if you can count the pulses.

Iā€™d give it a go if anyone thinks it is feasible

1 Like

Looks awesome Dave and love the alarm feature, bit like having peak warn dialsā€¦ Very helpful tool indeedā€¦

Donā€™t wana sound patronising but good work mateā€¦

Oh and your ā€˜hereā€™ sounds like ā€˜hairā€™ ā€¦ :scream::joy::joy:

Jus

1 Like

Not sure what that is did a quick search, how would that help ?

ā€œThe rain in Spain layers manly on the planeā€ :joy:

1 Like

The arduino is essentially a little computer that can take analogue or digital inputs. I can then do stuff with the data and output it to a little screen (Iā€™m a programmer). You could also log the data on it and then connect to a phone or computer over Bluetooth.

To be honest Iā€™m not amazingly knowledgeable on what kind of data the car outputs or whether it would work, but Iā€™d give it a go if itā€™s any use?

2 Likes

hair hair dave. :grinning:
But seriously this is great Dave.

3 Likes

Arduinos rock !!!

Paul Lloyd and my self have used them for some great little projects

1 Like

All I understand is 2 wires come outā€¦ How the hell one wire sending pulses to a palm does this i have no ideaā€¦if it was me I would take a hacksaw to the palm and shove it behind the dash lol. Most i can manage is making the leeds up Iā€™m no technology expert would love for someone to make something for the general market we can do that with, but as usual with numbers dwindling and finding ppl who would want to pay I suppose thatā€™s why.