Palm data logging on mmc software

They do!

I’ve part made a project to control one over Bluetooth which got about 50% finished and was for controlling relays using an app. I got the arduino and comms bit working but got bored of making the android bit!

1 Like

Arduninos are really cheap, the whole kit is about £30 including an LCD screen. It runs on 12v too so no adaptors or anything.

When I get my car up and running I’ll look into this more as it would be a cool project.

2 Likes

Paul and myself designed one to run and also wrote the code to correct a voltage offset in my cars Wideband signal had to great effect and drive a LED display on the dash to show us the correct AFR ratio

2 Likes

Nearly there… Couple of videos mounted in car in large mobile holder with new data leed.
Reviewing the data after logging.
Just little how to videos I’m sure you’ll figure it all out. More units coming this week will put up soon as done.

3 Likes
5 Likes
5 Likes

3 units done and out the others coming next week, have made 7 leads so far so just need to program palms and will put the others on here for the other 3 members waiting.

Cheers Dave

3 Likes

Hi
I have a 1999 3000GT
Its got the obdII type plug and Its the hybrid I think, well I’ve used the hybrid hand held halo on it and it works well
Just wondered if there is any way I can use this MMC on it, I’ve used it before, on my older gto and the Pda smaller
My car has ecu MD333610 if that helps
Cheers
Joe

1 Like

As i dont have access to an obd2 car i can’t possibly tell i think @GSXRKID may know the answer to this?
Cheers Dave

Mine turned up today.
I have never used this before or a palm.
The obd connection feels nice and chunky. Not cheap crap.

The added USB connection that you can secure to the car for easy removal/connection is a great idea.
The palm itself and charging stand are in great condition for a second hand unit.
Connecting to the obd port was a bit tight but at least it’s in and staying in.
Took the car out and ran the logger.

Every thing worked great, and is really easy to use.
I’m now going to sit down and have a proper look through the recorded log.
Also the unit noted fault 24 (speed sensor) I knew this from reading faults with analogue multimeter. But this is so much easier than squeezing under the dash trying to connect to 2 pins while counting the needle sweeps.
Dave great job.
Thank you for sorting these.
Jensen

7 Likes

Top tip @jensen360 turn off a lot of the parameters , I used to monitor knock and Idc’s also tps , too much info open at the same time makes it hard to read :grinning:

Craig :grinning:

3 Likes

Lol Jenson text me last night late, think he got a bit over excited :joy: I’m here to help with tech support as much as i can, those that buy them have my mobile number to send pictures to or questions about getting started.
Cheers Dave

3 Likes

Ha ha. Yeah just plugged it in and took it for a drive.
It was logging everything.
Was just a quick test.

2 Likes

Got mine today Thanks :+1:

3 Likes

Quick note on the usb cable pull both ends at the same time, pulling one may cause the cable to get stuck, to retract pull fully both ends and let it coil back on itself, bit like a hoover lead.
So don’t do this

Do this

Let it retract itself

3 Likes

Got the wiring to my m515 and get some tests. Everything works perfect. Huge Thanks Dave.

and the most important bit: no faults

4 Likes

Brilliant I’m waiting for my first “its not working” lol
Glad you’re happy with the new lead.
Dave :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi Dave, not sure if u have any of these left or more in the plans but I’d defiantly be interested in on for sure! :grinning:

1 Like

Yep there will be as many as members want, I’m just waiting on a delivery overseas of the obd1 cable will then be making another 5 Leads. I’m purchasing more palms as and when i can and refurbishing them (batteries, chargers etc) soon as one becomes available it goes up here thanks Dave.

2 Likes

When they come up they go on this post above, will put your name down.

1 Like