Questions from near Plymouth

Didn’t know that. Thanks Marty

Thanks for the help, guys. I’ve decided to buy the white one, as pictured above.
Somebody please think of a name for it before my wife calls it “Angel”, as in Angel white - Angel delight :tired_face:

3 Likes

Nice car that , good choice .

Look after that auto box , give it an oil and filter change , consider fitting an oil cooler to it and you won’t go far wrong

Regards

Craig :grinning:

2 Likes

Hells angel…hold tight to your wallet
Nice choice mate 🖒

Nice! Be interest to see photos once you’ve got it.
Like Craig says do those bits and it’ll look after you.

Call it Mallow for marshmallow?!
Pearl?
Blondie?
Pale rider??
Marilyn
Lol sorry !!

1 Like

You should be sorry for that :slight_smile:
Any more suggestions, folks? She’s not settling for any of those.

2 Likes

Nice looking car!
A few names the wife has chosen.
Mitsy
Lily
…she’s still looking.lol

Pearl same name as mylate nan lol

Most of those sound like ■■■■ names… Pmsl

Great looking car, enjoy and get along to the shows not many out there like that one.

Nice car. What about whitey! I call mine mhorag - a long story! :grinning:

James

Well, that didn’t go well. I paid (£225) for an independent inspection. It didn’t reveal anything disastrous but so many other problems (various fluid leaks, rust around a seam under the passenger footwell, discoloured headlamp reflectors, orange sidelights, dents, paint damage, lacquer flaking …) that I backed off. Obviously that was why it was only graded 3.5 at auction in Japan.
Now I’ve sold my car and can’t get around to view alternatives. So, next, I have to hunt down a ‘snotter’ within walking distance so at least I’ll be mobile. Don’t ask about public transport out here in the Cornish countryside, even if we are within (distant) sight of Plymouth.

On MK4 cars the Hoop Spoiler donates that its a NON Turbo car… :wink:

1 Like

Some of those faults should be reflected in price , tbh I’m a fussy sod and unless I bought one of the sorted club cars I don’t think I would ever be happy , there is bound to be something wrong with a lot of the cars on the market be it paint defects etc , they are old busses now .

Maybe if you can go slightly cheaper or knock them down and look beyond the obvious with a view to how it could look .

Main things though it should be mechanically sound , I’ve gone completely against my own advice mind but I’ve been around these for years and already new a couple of years back the direction I would head if I had another one .

Another for me would be modifications , be very very careful , there’s is a huge difference between a well set up 400hp car say and one that has been thrown together to hit that figure

1 Like

Cheers rob. Seem to learn something every day!:slight_smile:

I still do about these cars Steve

2 Likes

We gave up on searching for a GTO, I’m afraid, and looked for something vaguely similar.
Today I signed the deal to buy this:

2+2 seating, 3.2 petrol V6, AWD auto. It has to go back to the garage for the usual inspection, service & MoT. Then I should have it properly by the weekend. Sue likes it, too.
So, alas, I won’t be re-joining GTOUK as driverrob again.

2 Likes

Looks nothing like a GTO but fair play,shame you couldnt find one you like

1 Like

Ahh sorry Rob , never made the connection with the name , whoops it sounded like we were teaching you to suck eggs with what you knew about these motors

Nice looking motor by the way , take it the jeep has gone then ? Pokey motor that was

No problem Craig. I was keeping it as a surprise for when I did rejoin.
Yeah, the SRT8 Jeep was a scary beast but Sue would never drive it because of its size.
This Audi is about as close as it’s possible to get to the GTO spec, but without the sexy look.
It performed well on my little test drive. Sport mode with the flappy paddle, double clutch shift was impressive.

2 Likes