Simply Japanese Beaulieu 02nd August 2015

Hi All

I really want to make this meet, I collected my car last week but am having quite a bit of work done at the garage, i’m hoping to get her back Friday fingers crossed. Failing that I was going to come down in my Supra ( I know I know blasphemy :slight_smile: ) but hopefully it wont come to that. As I wont know until Friday which car i’ll be down in is it best to just buy a ticket when I get there? have you all decided where you are going to meet before hand?

1 Like

Will post the time and place over the next day or so. Either way feel free to come over and say hello. You can buy a ticket now on their site, its only the club stand we needed numbers for, this will still allow you to enter the event itself.

Cheers,
Neil.

Can’t get to this one :scream: got to finish a Kitchen install in London, boo, not happy

Does anyone have a couple of spare seats myself and the missus can dive in once we get near the event? My cars still off the road :frowning:

Otherwise I can’t get in until 10am!

Hmmmm and this is a bad thing :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Andy, dean, myself will have :slight_smile:

1 Like

Loads of spare seats. Hopefully.

1 Like

I intend to drive down in the birds StreetKA, then I can dump it round a corner nearby and perch in a back seat for a few minutes if someone will have me!

You’ll have a choice mate. Have you paid for tickets? You can have a choice, green, red, red or purple. Lol

I have paid for the £10 tickets, which is part of the problem. Good to know there will be room for me, what time are you guys meeting at Cheiveley?

No “bird” coming with then?

Yeah, but she’s small enough to get in the boot if needed :wink:

1 Like

Even a GTO boot? Haha

1 Like

This year meeting points, we meet at Rownhams service station Southbound (SO16 8AP) for breakfast which is on the M27 but ready to leave at 9:00am (if @gavin_naish) is happy with that .

Some of us will be meeting at Chieveley services ready to leave at 7:30am, if you wish to meet us there.

Cheers,
Neil.

1 Like

We have to be there for 9am so will be leaving rownhams at 830am, didnt i put that on the post earlier?

1 Like

Consider yourself told off for not paying enough attention @NAS :laughing:

1 Like

Oh is it different from last year then. From their website, vehicle Entry

Simply Japanese
Entry into the Beaulieu Parkland with your Japanese car is from 9.00am

Cheers,
Neil.

1 Like

Ok no worries, so anyone meeting at Chieveley services ready to leave at 7:00am, to arrive at Rownham services for 8:00am. I should have checked I was replying to goodmanbenjamin post so assumed it had not be done.

Cheers,
Neil.

We’ve all had a lot to drink since last year :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

so not as a good a turn out as previous years in terms of numbers but quality wise was spot on a great mix of cars and we got loads of attention. In terms of the venue this is still a relatively new thing for them and they are coming round to the idea of organised club attendance, certainly felt more organised this time round.

We had a good spot this year on the main field, this isn’t just a dedicated car show it’s complete access to all of Beaulieu’s activities.

So for a tenner for an adult it’s simply fantastic value for a day out. For those who don’t know this includes access to the Abbey, maze, Manor, house talks, gardens, monorail, open top bus, victorian games, grounds and lake, world of top gear, movie cars, motor museum, childrens electric cars and playarea. Really there’s too much for one day and to top it all the Jap car attendance is pretty good too.

GTO UK did really well, had loads of interest from the public, think we picked up some new members too, We allowed a non member to park up with us on the club stand and we were absolutley gob smacked when he got voted for the peoples choice award finalists, this is where the public choose out of all the cars in attendance which one they like the best. Myself and @NAS have both been in the finals for this for the last 2 years. Low and behold this guy actually goes on to win it!!! So more recognition for the marque.

The hulk looked immense in the sunshine, it was a really really hot day right through to 5/6 ish.

Even @Beanus’s green 3000gt was glistening in the sun, not a spot of rust in sight :wink:

Thanks to those who made it and made the massive effort to travel such huge distances to promote the club @stevie @Tracie well worth it in my opinion, it was good to overhear conversations like… but they never made a convertible GTO… etc etc. lol.

Here are some pics.

Got a few more on my mobile but I’ll stick those up later, including … @Beanus at ‘nap time’ and @DeanMarkTaylor wearing a lovley hat :slight_smile:

3 Likes