Speedo not working plus leaking transfer box

As above got myself my first Gto TT for a bargain price but has its problems.
First up is my speedo and odometer are not working,am I right in thinking there electronic? If so do I need to just get a new sensor?
My other problem is the transfer box leaking which means the seals have gone but I’m getting a on/off vibration (which gets faster and louder the faster you go) and it dos’nt look like my wheel bearings gone so I was wonder if the 2 are linked??
Any help would be great as my knowledge on these is limited at the moment cheers Stef

It is electric.

I had a dodgy speedo once that came down to the kmh to mph chip having been fried, replaced it and all was fine…
As to transfer no idea sorry…though that could also be prop bearings causing vibration I think.

Cheers bud, mines still in kph as far as I’m aware, are the sensors expensive? Plus it sounds like it’s coming from the front (drivers) but now you say props shaft bearing it’s got me thinking.

If both have gone then I would be surprised if it is both sensors. I would be looking at the cluster and the ECU to be honest.

Cheers m8​:+1: more things to look into,skint at the moment though :-1: hate little problems like this as they could be loads of things but I got the car cheap and I’m lucky to have one with the price range that I ended up with so can’t complain to much.

I thought the speedo ran from the wheel cable in the gear box I would guess that U.S. Loose

Simon

It does run from there but (and please correct me if I am wrong) I believe it goes via the ECU.