Spoiler options

!!!

1 Like

Donā€™t get Dave going Jerry :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I dare You Dave ā€¦ :grin: Donā€™t even fā€¦ think about it :weary:

2 Likes

Hi @gto_power1 can i ask what you used to fix the blade endcaps as theres no fixing points so presumed there just siliconed in?

Mine was filled with expansion foam to give it more strength, but suppose you can use silicone aswell.
Jerry :grinning:

1 Like

I mean the small covers that hide the blade fixing bolts

They have been stuck to the expansion foam when it was filled then when that set Iā€™ve put two self tapping into the foam didnā€™t need to but did it anyway.
Jerry

ok mate cheers

Just thought i would post some pics of the JDL 99 Combat wing as fitted to a customers car parked outside my unit as so may of you have asked why i dont sell it

Make up your own minds as too wether you think its a quality product

And as a comparison here is what a real Genuine Mitsubishi Alloy 99 Combat wing looks like just for Scott to make his look like a real one as he will know doubt pull off a mod of the century and make his look real

1 Like

I wont lie there real bad quality but its fixable if your handy in the bodywork dept,gel coat need removing all over as its cracked ,more glass fiber needs adding and then flexible filler,that before i even think about flexible paints and high build primers

4 Likes

My Rice spoiler is fine, i know you love it @GSXRKID :grin: :grin: :joy:
Smokinā€¦

Sounds like a lot of work mate. Be worth it for the end result.

2 Likes

I think tbh you have to weigh up the cost too , the oe spoiler is a ridiculous amount of money for what it is , with a bit of work if your handy you can make a decent job of the replicas , Iā€™m sure yours will look perfect when itā€™s done :sunglasses:

Certainly a route Iā€™m thinking of going and couldnā€™t justify the cost of an original

:grinning:

2 Likes

If i had 1500 quid to waste on an ally one i would have done and be in no doubt the replicas without work will look terrible and wont last 5 minutes,mines into 24 hours work already and still not primed,im confident it will look ok,perfect?..no

3 Likes

I posted the genuine pictures Scott to give you something to go on mate, if any one is going to get it right its most probably you

3 Likes

Thats fine @GSXRKID glad you did,i knew what i was taking on from the start as discussed on the blower,if im not happy once ivedone alli can it will come off and the original put back on but for the money worth a punt.For anyone considering buying a replica be prepared for it to arrive lookinglike it came off a scrapper,the finish is shocking but if your handy at bodywork or u have a good bodyshop it can be turned into a half decent spoiler,longevity i cant comment on but i do about a 1000 miles a year in 6th at 3000revs so its not going to get abusedā€¦ill post some pics once im at the point its ready to show off,atm its hideous

4 Likes

Well i can officially report the spoiler is red,off now to get boot welded then its a case of more red,flat,recoat,flat,recoat,clearcoats and polish,might actually have this finished within the next 48 hours and on the car.

8 Likes

8 Likes

Beautiful that is mate , going to look fantastic on :sunglasses:

4 Likes