Stepping down from the committee :(

Hi all,

Just want to let everyone know I will no longer be apart of the committee, after many years and several different roles its time to move on. I wont be leaving the club just haven’t got the time anymore and I don’t want to do half a job. I want to wish the committee now and in the future all the best, a lot of work goes on behind the scenes and they deserve full credit for the work they do. Remember they offer this time for free off of their own back.

Just want to say thanks to all club members, for supporting the club and the meets as without you none of this would be possible.

I also want to say a personal thanks to @Stevie @Tracie and @3000gt as they were the ones who taught me and helped me learn the roles and also to all the other committee members I have worked with now and in the past.

Finally on another personal note, I want to thank @DeanMarkTaylor for all of his hard work over the years. We will still be around helping with development work etc.

This wasn’t an easy for me to do, but I will catch you all at a meet soon :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Neil.

8 Likes

Thanks for all you have done for the club in your roles @NAS from firstly being an events organiser on the committee to your chairman role and then on to secretary . Also for the work you were part of in creating the new look forum .

Enjoy a bit more of your free time now

Regards

Craig :grinning:

7 Likes

Thanks Craig still looking forward to attending the meets and having a few beers :slight_smile:

Neil.

5 Likes

Not been here long but can see what ppl do and have done in the past to make the club work, Craig has kinda said it already…enjoy your step back :sunglasses: sometimes it’s just nice to Sit back and relax with a beer even act like a nob like me if you like​:grin:

3 Likes

Cheers mate…

1 Like

Sad to see this but with your business growing and the fact that there is not enough hours in a day, trying to keep up with the behind the scenes activity and effort needed for the club, I think it was taking it’s toll.

Times have changed for the better over the years since our club split. One of the major things being your involvement with the new forum, your time, enthusiasm and effort was second to none.

I would like to thank you and @DeanMarkTaylor you both have helped us stand out as a club with this state of the arts forum.

Relax enjoy the club from the other side, less stress, more drink :slight_smile:

Maybe now I can come down to a lower level on my phone contract.

Steve

6 Likes

Thanks for the nice replies, it does mean a lot. :slight_smile: i am looking forward to relaxing at just turning up to meets. Even little things like getting my car boot back will be nice. :slight_smile:

Your right Stevie the phone bills will be better now more beer money lol

6 Likes

Just seen this but after talking with you knew it was on the cards.
Fingers crossed the business keeps growing at this rate you’ll be a millionaire :slight_smile: … N certainly drinks will then be on you :wink:
Seriously though, thanks @NAS you put a lot of work in, and it’s never always the smoothest of rides being committee. Appreciate it all :slight_smile:
See you at Beaulie

1 Like

Thanks you hopefully see you then I’m covering a festival that weekend. Trying to get the Saturday booked to come along. I will be keeping my windows shut this year from the horses though lol.

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear this Neil. Along with a select few you are what makes this club as amazing as it is. But I know how draining things like this can be and hope you find plenty to keep you busy in your new found time off.

1 Like

Hi Neil

sorry to hear that, but I do understand how many hours disappear running the club and thank you for the work you have done, and the new website

I hope you can still be an active member and still see you are events etc.

Simon

2 Likes

I find it disappointing when someone who has served the club for a good length of time stands down and there is not a lot of appreciation shown for their work .

There have been many views yet little response , being a committee member is a very difficult and time consuming job which not everyone appreciates what goes on behind the scenes

Craig :grinning:

7 Likes

Sorry to see your leaving the committee, I think you have been on it in one role or another in all the years I have been a member. Now you can sit back, enjoy and be proud of the great new forum you and Dean have created.

Daniel

1 Like

Hey Neil, life decisions have to be made and things have to either be dropped :cry: or put on hold, priority rules. :slight_smile:

Best of luck in your venture, the best news is that you’re not leaving and we’ll see you on meets etc.

ATB

Terry :sunglasses:

p.s. would have replied to this last night but the electric went off at 9:15 and didn’t come back on 'till 11:11, had dinner at 11:34, suppose that’s the reason I couldn’t sleep :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

i read and liked the op,didnt comment as ive not been around long enough to contribute anything other than im sure you will be missed behind the scenes i was hoping the longstanding members who know neil better than me would say all that needed saying.

5 Likes

Wow…Sorry to hear that you have stepped down from the committee, I personally would like to say thank you to you and Sam for all the hard work and effort you have put into this club since I joined, which (like Stevie put) since the new forum has made the club stand out.

You have always put the club at the forefront and now it is time to relax and enjoy the club from the other side, looking forward to seeing you and Sam at a future event.

All the best for the future whatever it brings.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear you have decided to step down.
I would like to thank you for all your efforts.
Marty

1 Like

Thanks for the comments everyone, yes I will still be attending meets probably not many more this year but hope to be back for many next year :slight_smile:

Neil.

4 Likes

Hi mate,

I don’t attend many meets but from the good stuff many ive met have said about you… Many thanks.

Des.

2 Likes