Super rare 3000GT Spyder SL - Swindon

I’m pretty sure I spotted the illusive Spyder SL yesterday in Swindon. Unfortunately it was way up ahead in the traffic and I couldnt get near it, I had to turn off cos I was on my way to a meeting. This may be the same one that my wife spotted in August in the same area (see pic)

Only 206 red ones were made in 1995-96 and only for the American market, its a rare beast so I’d love to have a closer look. They also made about 300 Red Spyder VR4’s.

So eyes peeled in Swindon now and a GTOUK flyer at the ready!

Here’s some pics off the interweb if you havent come across Spyders before.

7 Likes

We used to have a spyder in the club. Were you here when @Spyderman3000 was here with his?

3 Likes

No havent seen that one. That picture reminds me that I need to to something about my heatshield!

2 Likes

Do we know if this is still in the country?

No idea unfortunately :frowning:

Would a dvla mot check tell you ? If it’s been exported and had its plates changed there shouldn’t be a record of it anymore :grinning:

Craig :grinning:

2 Likes

Anyone remember his number plate?

No and his old website is down too

He has disappeared off Facebook as well

Pretty sure it was on a private plate , so it might not show up now anyway

I managed to buy M300 OCT, that was back in June this year. I have been a little naughty with the screws so that the C now looks like a G.

It fools everyone! I must say I was very pleased, once again £250 from DLVA and it came very quickly via the DVLA’s official website.

Still looking for the actual M300 OGT though, I believe a forum member owns it.
Guess whos gonna get your speeding tickets now? LOL
M300 OGT is assigned to Mitsubishi 3000GT but i dont know who’s got it.
Now… Get ready!

Another good spot!
Who is fancy a plates M 3000 MR?
Here is one for £250 only

http://dvlaregistrations.direct.gov.uk/buy.html?plate=M300%20OMR&price=250

I think this is nice plate. I just got myself M300O VR for my Spyder

Just copied this from one of Robs old posts

1 Like

MOT Expired in January and the vehicle is SORN. So either left the country or someone has purchased it to store and try to make a profit.

1 Like

I heard it left the country.

They look pretty gorgeous, but they must be a wobble old thing to drive.

?? I’m confused :joy: Wobble old thing?? We talking about some of the older members?! :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Oy! Only reason my car wobbles is cos I can’t see where I’m going :eyes:

3 Likes

They’ve got a lot more reinforcement that stock car due to the loss of the roof, so probably more solid on the road.

1 Like

They do flex, and if the car isn’t on even ground the electric roof won’t close.

I had a PDF of the extra reinforcement that was done to the Spyder. I copied as much as I could and more when I made the convertible.

Steve

3 Likes

I thought they would, quite a bit I’d imagine.
The 2 seater 300zx short wheel base targa top I had flexed and to be fair that was shorter and much lighter than one of these full fat GTO’s.
My 1993 MX5 flexed lots too.
I’ve not come across any convertible yet that is as solid as its coupe stable mate despite the extra reinforcement they get. Just watch a few old Top Gear’s and this is often pointed out. Still, they have maximum pose factor and must be lovely when the weather is right! :slight_smile:

my m3 wasthe same very obvious when driving it up the kerb to park it

1 Like