Sushi making for JAE

Hi All,

Was thinking and looking forward to JAE and thought why don’t we try a club sushi making contest. Kind of like the generation game! Lol. I have been practicing making sushi and although still not very good at it its good fun.

So who would be interested in giving this a go? If enough people are interested I may try and find an appropriate prize for the best sushi roll!

James

3 Likes

Ill eat it but cant mess about with raw fish i keep a fishtank and my swimming buddies would never look at me the same again.

3 Likes

Id love to try this although personally I struggle with cooking food :joy: Let alone raw prep and eat

Great idea into the ‘fun pot’ there James, so presumably how it will work is, you will do a demo how to make it, then the contestants try their hand with a timer, like Generation Game, and the carnage begins :grin:

Don’t know the first thing about Sushi apart from it tastes vile, but think it’ll create some laughs on the stand.

Check out the time schedules on Gavin’s JAE Events thread and try and plot an appropriate time for this, only saying because if there is a JAE competition on, peeps might be off stand supporting or involved.

Tracie :relaxed:

It’s more of a laugh if we see you struggle Steve, that’s the object of the game, laugh at people :joy::joy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Tracie

Thanks @Tracie i will aim to fit it round the other events. Yeh although I’m no sushi master in Japan it can take many years to become a sushi master. Lol

1 Like

It doesn’t just have to be raw fish you can also use carpaccio beef so if you like rare steak you’ll be fine. @ScottMR you could bring your fish along so they can see what happens if they miss behave! :grinning:

James

1 Like

funnily my tangs eat nori sheets,i believe thats used in sushi lol

If you are going to be eating it make sure you use Sushi grade fish. Very important or people will get very ill. Damn wish i was coming now (not that i didnt already). I love making sushi. Even have a set of knives for the job!

3 Likes