t88 single turbo set up!

1 Like

2 Likes

1 Like

2 Likes

1 Like

is that the q45 throttle body? yeah see what you mean turbo is right on top of the rad. Are your fans on the front thus pushing the air rather than pulling it?

It has 12" kenlowe heavy duty fans, i presume pushing, you may have a point regarding pulling the air!! It took them three years to bild and a shed load of my cash to get to this!!
But it goes, been sat in my garage for six years turned it over last year, was thinking of putting rad in rear along with catchment tank!! but thats a whole lot of more probs!!
Thanks for advice, much appreciated.

1 Like

tbf and i’m not dissing their work but the amount of heat coming off the manifolds on a single turbo setup must be what 700, 800, 900 c and its bang on the rad which doesn’t like anything over 100 c, it’s gonna transfer heat, also there seems to be nothing stopping it coming through, no heat shielding etc.

Anyway you can put a different rad in further up, maybe behind the intercooler can’t see if you have air con or not. This way at least your further away form the heat source and could get a fan pulling the air through. just my opinion or course.

1 Like

Yes thanks gavin, they had three death threats from me in three years, plus will coat the manifold this time home, found a rad from evil performance, pity i have to do this now when it cost close to 50k to get it this far, but hey ho you learn, but the pulling the air will look at this, it runs great at around 200mph apart from every one thinks your a idiot, but they do not see the problems of the cooling,
Thanks. will put up more pics when done, and report how its runs,-)

1 Like

What ECU is running the show now ??

Cheers Rob

Gavin has made a sensible suggestion there. I had a custom dual pass radiator made smaller than stock, it fits under the slam panel and I can get the big stock fan on the back plus a smaller aftermarket one. In the 1/4 I used to start at say 78 degrees and be at 99 by the end of the track, and over 100 coming back down the relief road. Now I start at say 78 and reach 84 degrees by the end of the track…pushing just one or two ponies!

It really works a treat.

André

2 Likes

like any of my suggestions aren’t sensible,lol

2 Likes